• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Windies Contracts Controversy

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Now it is very depressing. It is unnecessary. But what are the points over which the dispute is ocurring specifically?

Not even cricinfo is being able to specify that even though they have devoted loads of pages on the issue.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well one is about player endorsements and also about how much money the players are earning.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
roseboy64 said:
Well one is about player endorsements and also about how much money the players are earning.
I know that. I meant what the stance of the players is and what parts of the contract they have issues with etc.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clause 5 deals with the ability of a player to assume a personal endorsement contract I believe. Digicel signed on with the WICB with the intention of maintaining control over the players in that regard, as any smart sponsor would. The players, however, want a level of freedom that they believe the clause does not allow.

However, from what I gather, the WICB has amended the clause to clarify that it doesn't prevent endorsement deals, but simply adds a measure of logical restriction.