• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Records broken at our club match

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
first of all it was a 115 degrees Farenheit. Two people almost passed out. no one was fielding. the ground was brand new. 680 run scored in the match because the out field was quick as hell. I was dehydrated and totally done after three overs. no one except the spinners did more then three overs at a time.

it was an awful awful day. but we won in the end. I made 12 off of last three deliveries i faced.and then I took wickets number 1, 2, 3.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
What records would they be then...
The Spandau Ballet and Duran Duran LPs sitting on the bench outside the pavilion. They didn't so much break, as melt.

Swervy

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
What records would they be then...
maybe its the first time ever that it reached 115F on a day that it didnt reach that temperature even in the hotest part of the States...the record being that it was so hot that the thermometer just screwed up

May 22

High: 114 at Needles, Calif.
Lows: 23 at Cape Lisburne, Alaska (contiguous 48 states: 27 at Lake Yellowstone, Wyo.)

May 21

High: 112 at Needles, Calif.
Lows: 21 at Cape Romanzof, Alaska (contiguous 48 states: 23 at Truckee, Calif.)

May 20

High: 114 at Death Valley, Calif.
Lows: 19 at Point Hope and Shishmaref, Alaska (contiguous 48 states: 26 at Saranac Lake, N.Y.)

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
misleading title, now that i look at it.

but these two records were infact set.
it was the most runs scored in a game that we played in.
it was the hottest day that our team has ever played.

swervy: im not sure what you are trying to get to, but we actaully played in that weather. With a hundred percent humidity, its worst then the worst international conditions in India or Srilanka. Its hard to breathe, and dehydration is just round the corner.

Swervy

International Captain
aliG said:

swervy: im not sure what you are trying to get to, but we actaully played in that weather. With a hundred percent humidity, its worst then the worst international conditions in India or Srilanka. Its hard to breathe, and dehydration is just round the corner.
I was only kidding with you!!!! :D

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
aliG said:

If there's 100 percent humidity, it's raining...