• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA Touring Squad for WI

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
IMO this is the best attack we can muster with or without the meddling Digicel. I'm not referring to strength of attack, I'm referring to substandard players scoring runs against the West Indies.
I'm just saying that Dippenaar has faced rubbish attacks before and done very, very little.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What takes me as odd is, you were trying to show that Dippenaar had faced poor attacks and failed, yet the only filter you did was taking out Bangladesh!

Makes very little sence to me...

Against Teams Other Than Australia:

filtered 27 42 4 1246 177* 110 100 32.78 3 3 5

Still not very good, but not really pathetic...

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's poor Test-match attacks and substandard attacks - anyone can score against Bangladesh, however poor their temperament is.
If you ask me it's just coincidence that Dippenaar's performance against Australia is the worst of the lot (bar Zimbabwe), he's been poor against those two, Pakistan, India and New Zealand when you consider that he's played 1 good innings and nothing else.
His average against England is also exceptionally flattering because of dropped catches.
Yet I've always hoped in him... sadly I think he's probably going to be another Ramprakash.