• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sami going the Agarkar road

cricket player

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
mohammed Sami's record has been average. I have always believed that he is over rated. Mediocre bowler. And when you compare it to Akhtar, he looks worse.
Dont even compare akhtar with sami mate,Akhtar beats any bowlers like agarkar and sami by miles in good bowling average plus he has a good record againts india in test matches no wonder why that statement has been made in first place,and beats batsman in every spell of his,it is either out side edge or beatin by miles,players like sehwag and sachin couldnt handle shoaib,pufffff :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
From watching them both i used to rate Sami higher then Agarkar then i had a look at both their stats and both are useless Test Bowlers (aves of about 47), but both are pretty good ODI bowlers (both ave under 30).

If i had to choose between both of them i would never again pick them in any test side, apart from BAN and Zim. In ODI i would have to go for Agarkar cus at times his batting is better.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Agarkar's average of slightly under 30 may keep him in the side, but he's only profited from crunching minnow sides. Moreover, an average of 28 is hardly match-winning. Last year's average of 30 shoots up to 46 if you cut out the 6/42 in Melbourne.

To add, he averages over 40 in finals- yet some proven successes in the same team are labelled as 'chokers'! The use of that word may be debatable, but it shows he's the wrong choice for anything more than a series of 2 ODI's and doesn't last long. In fact, he averages over 108 in the last five years in finals. Maybe he isn't Sachin Tendulkar, so it doesn't matter to many.

And what batting? For seven years, he has been using a totally flawed technique, where he slogs with an angled bat- at least Pathan and Zaheer bat straight. If he really could bat, he would not be batting as low as 8 or 9, and the Indian side would have a fifth bowler.

Not much can be said of Sami, except that he burst onto the scene with explosive pace, but struggled with line and length. At least he's relatively new and not making things tough for his team for seven years. Agarkar doesn't even have the explosive pace!
his ears are BIGGER!
That reminds me a lot of Caddick.
Sami has age on his side, Ajit on the other hand doesn't even have Ganguly on his side.
That I doubt, but he has the selectors on his side, all the time. Conservative old cowards.