• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre Match Antics

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I reckon in cricket just before the game starts and before the toss of coin both the teams should first say like a cricket oath like saying " fair play etc etc " like a cricket prayer and then like soccer the national anthem of both the teams should be played in great spirit .

I have seen in soccer and rugby etc that when the national anthem is played there is great respect from the other crowds and the players and it is a great sight to see and it will liven the game up a bit more ...

what are your thoughts ?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea i was going to say introduce it for the O.D.I's wouldnt be that great for the tests

lol N.Z cricketters and haka that would be something funny to watch .. you dont see the netball girls team doing it do you:P ;)?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
If a woman's team performed it, wouldn't it be pronounced 'hooker', not 'haka'? :D

Please forgive me, ladies. I'm not really a ***ist. 8D

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Daryl Tuffey & Adam Parore have been the recent ones.
Theres a guy named Taraia Robin who's got maori blood in him, he's quick & I think he is about to play first class cricket for the first time this season.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Daryl Tuffey has been one of a few Maori players alongside Parore & Su'a.