• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee in test team

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Do you really think Lee is bowling differently in ODIs to how he was last VB Series?
Because I categorically don't.
And I'll say quite safely and surely that Lee won't be successful against England.
Absolutely. He had one game in the last VB series where he bowled as well as he has this summer, and that was his magnificent performance in Perth where he decimated India with 3/22 or something off his 10. Aside from that he is vastly better this time around, in every way.

And I think if picked he will have a good Ashes series. Hard to be certain of course, but the improvement in his bowling is so noticable and so well targeted at his problem areas that I cannot imagine it will not transfer to the test arena. He won't do better than McGrath mind you, but he will do better than he has in his recent test opportunities.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Personally I see lots and lots of similarities between many games this winter and the winter of 2002\03.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
He is bowling differently, and you know i'm not a fan of his so you can trust i'm not being biased..i might see something your missing, these things happen.

But he's not IMO bowling different enough that he would be an effective test bowler.

basicly all he is doing different is being a bit smarter, if the ball has stoped swinging for example he doesn't pitch it up so far...
Well I confess I haven't watched every ball of the games, it's tricky to stay awake sometimes (and sometimes when Lee's getting wickets I lose the will to).
So I'll bow to your superior knowledge - but I say it again - he's still going for plenty most of the time.