Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The silly season!

International Captain
    Davo is playing for mosman(sydney)at the moment the redbacks gave him the flick.

Quote Originally Posted by brockley
    mathew inness is off contract and seems unhappy at the vics at the moment ie not playing the onedayers and being dropped from the 4 day side a few times
    yeh, he's been treated with disdain especially in 4 day cricket. should have been playing every game. i reckon the WACA might be the go for him - still don't rate WA's pace bowling all that highly, especially when williams is out.

gerard denton could go home
    would be suprised. he's been injured for the most of the year. would have played quite a few games if he wasn't. i reckon he'll have another crack at an injury-free year.

and i wouldn't expect aiden blizzard to be moving too quickly. he's only 21, and he didn't make any runs this year in grade cricket, and probably would have got matches if he had've been.

I'd say Doug Bollinger has been given enough incentives to stay and play for at least another year or 2 in NSW - he's next cab off the rank as far as quicks go, and NSW have been lucky that Bracken, Clark and Nicholson have stayed fit all summer.

Don Nash, on the other hand, might look to leave the state due to lack of game time - infact, I've not seen him in grade for some time, so he may have already left (gut feeling is injury though). If Nash was fit and committed, he could be anything. At this stage he is neither, and Grant Lambert isn't far behind. Greg Mail might also be on the outer after a dud summer.

Davison is play for Mosman, but one of the terms of his release from SA was that he wouldn't play for NSW this summer. At 35 next year, time isn't exactly on his side.

I do hope Hogg comes to NSw, as it would be a perfect solution to the number 7 problem that has bothered them since Haddin moved up the order. Plus, he would offer experiance and is a better cricketer than he gets credit for.

Around the other states, Damien MacKenzie and Scott Meuleman have always looked standout players to me and it wouldn't suprise me to see them move on. Ryan Campbell looks like he is winding down his career - but I hope Matthew Inness doesn't follow suit - if he found a state where he was given aqn extended run, he'd still have a lot to offer. Again, WA looks a decent home for him.

Aside from that though, most of the state squads were pretty fresh at the start of the summer and have evolved during the year nicely.

Take Tasmania for example - Jamie Cox has suffled out, Travis Birt and David Dawson have stepped up as honest domestic players and Adam Griffith and Brett Geeves have taken their games to new levels.

South Australia will rightly stick to the youth policy, if anything an established state player would be handy - baring in mind, though, that Darren Lehmann looks set to be on deck full-time that may not be nessesary.

Western Australia have lots of depth with the bat and Brett Dorey has been a good find with the ball. An established quick to support Brad Williams, however, would be very handy.

Victoria and Queensland both look well balanced into the future - although Ashley Noffke has struggled, and thinking about it should he opt for a fresh start it wouldn't suprise. I'd expect one of him or MacKenzie to move on, and I remember MacKenzie turned down a big offer from Tasmania last year.

Another few things though for 2005/06:

* Wade Seccombe and Peter Roach both look like they may fall to youth in the coming summer, with Chris Hartley and Adam Crosthwaite banging down the doors.

* Jamie Cox may look at retiring, as may other established first class players such as Joe Dawes and Jason Arnberger.

* Darren Berry may take on the Victorian coaching role.

* Nathan Haurtiz could follow the same path as Shane Watson took, moving to Tasmania.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre

Davison is play for Mosman, but one of the terms of his release from SA was that he wouldn't play for NSW this summer. At 35 next year, time isn't exactly on his side.

I do hope Hogg comes to NSw, as it would be a perfect solution to the number 7 problem that has bothered them since Haddin moved up the order. Plus, he would offer experiance and is a better cricketer than he gets credit for.
    well if hogg comes to NSW davo isn't a chance, wouldn't mind seeing davison opening the batting with Haddin for NSW
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Why would you want NSW want Hogg? I thought Krezja was the next big thing and would make a good partner to MacGill.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

International Captain
    Hogg is an allrounder and would fill the no 7 position,kregja has faded but is still promising.
    Hauritz will stay in qld,is he good enough to knock doherty out doubt it.
    I agree davo is finished no place for him in the nsw side.

International 12th Man Crazy Sam's Avatar
    krejza is rubbish.

lee carseldine is a bit of a tragedy, he has had injury upon injury through his FC career, and yet he piles on the runs for Valley when he's injury free.

I think that Seccombe will stay keeper for a year or two more at least, though I would like to see Hartley play for Queensland as a batsman only, if that is all we can give him. He is far more safe and consistent than Nye, Payne, Nash.

Nick Kruger has struggled this year with bad injuries however if he is injury-free he will play for Queensland a fair bit in coming seasons.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

International Captain
    The silly seaason started.
    Dave hussey wants a release from victoria so he can go back to wa,but will victoria let him.
    Mathew innes wants a state contract elsewhere no one is biting so far.
    Murray goodwin has signed as a kolpak player and is now considered a overseas player,ervine is on a 2 year contract which means he is the 2nd overseas player,states only allowed 1 overseas player,may give a chance to ervine to go back to zimbabwe,altho wa may want him with kade harvey retiring.
    Michael deighton to go back to wa for family reasons according to the west australian.
    Jamie cox said to retire.
    Peter roachs' career probably over crossthewaite replaces him so he will probably lose his contract,blignaut released from 2 year contract.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information