• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Asim Kamal - what the?

wahindiawah

Banned
Richard said:
And just to inform you, in the likely event that you didn't read properly, I referred quite clearly to the fact that both games were ODIs - the difference I referred to was that the India game was a live ODI - understand - the series was still at stake with the game being played? Yes? Whereas the Pakistan game had nothing at stake for either side - Pakistan were already though, Bangladesh already out.

No Bangladesh had a lot to gain from it, that win actually helped them to get their test status.

wahindiawah

Banned
Richard said:
Nonetheless there's absolutely no question that Pakistan matches (especially dead ones) have been fixed in the past. There is evidence - plenty of it in fact - to suggest that this may have been one of them.
yes matches have been fixed in past, but there isn't any evidence that the match between Pak and Bangladesh was a fixed one.The people who raised hue and cry over it failed to come up with any evidence.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So the fact that Wasim came to the presentations with a huge smile on his face, that he was pleased that "we lost to our brothers" when for most games against neighbours are those that are most wanted to win does not count as evidence, then?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
No Bangladesh had a lot to gain from it, that win actually helped them to get their test status.
And they were to know that then, weren't they?
As it was, it just shows the folly of promoting a side to Test-status on the basis of one totally meaningless game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
No, not whatever - the fact that Pakistan considered (for whatever reasons) the game largely meaningless is actually rather important.

wahindiawah

Banned
Richard said:
And they were to know that then, weren't they?
As it was, it just shows the folly of promoting a side to Test-status on the basis of one totally meaningless game.
Even if they didn't knew that, they knew they had a lot to gain by winning a match against pakistan.The whole country celebrated that win even as if they hadwon the world cup (though they had no idea that Bang would get the test membership on the basis of that win)

wahindiawah

Banned
Richard said:
So the fact that Wasim came to the presentations with a huge smile on his face, that he was pleased that "we lost to our brothers" when for most games against neighbours are those that are most wanted to win does not count as evidence, then?

Haha this got to be the joke of the century, i cetainly didn't expected it from you.Yeah Waseem is often critisized by narrow-minded Pakistanis whenever he shows good gestures towards his neighbours (especially against India).

just to remind you, Waseem had to say the same thing when he lost the match against India in that vey WC! He said he was happy for Azharuddin and his boys, he actually set a good example by saying those things.

look i'm not saying that those matches were fixed or not, BUT to say that those matches were fixed coz Akram congratulated the opponent is simply ridiculous.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
Even if they didn't knew that, they knew they had a lot to gain by winning a match against pakistan.The whole country celebrated that win even as if they hadwon the world cup (though they had no idea that Bang would get the test membership on the basis of that win)
But for Pakistan and in the context of the competition it was meaningless.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
wahindiawah said:
Haha this got to be the joke of the century, i cetainly didn't expected it from you.Yeah Waseem is often critisized by narrow-minded Pakistanis whenever he shows good gestures towards his neighbours (especially against India).

just to remind you, Waseem had to say the same thing when he lost the match against India in that vey WC! He said he was happy for Azharuddin and his boys, he actually set a good example by saying those things.

look i'm not saying that those matches were fixed or not, BUT to say that those matches were fixed coz Akram congratulated the opponent is simply ridiculous.
And the comparisons with India are so valid because there are so many political tensions between Pakistan and Bangladesh, aren't there?
A more appropriate reaction would be that of Jayasuriya after the Kenya game in WC2003, where he labelled his players "amateurs" after their shocking performance. No captain should ever be anything but disgusted to lose to a substandard side.
Wasim, as I say, did more than simply congratulate Bangladesh - he made it clear he was delighted they had won - a totally inappropriate reaction.

Richard said:
And the comparisons with India are so valid because there are so many political tensions between Pakistan and Bangladesh, aren't there?
A more appropriate reaction would be that of Jayasuriya after the Kenya game in WC2003, where he labelled his players "amateurs" after their shocking performance. No captain should ever be anything but disgusted to lose to a substandard side.
Wasim, as I say, did more than simply congratulate Bangladesh - he made it clear he was delighted they had won - a totally inappropriate reaction.
even for argument sake we agree that it was an innappropriate reaction, it still isn't an evidence ( with regards to Match fixing).

Waseem did expessed his dissapointment at the loss BUT at the same time congratulated the winning team.To say that he was delighted is plain stupid and idiotic.

Choora

State Regular
Richard said:

By the same token Salim Malik and Cronje must be the most honest cricketers as they appreared very dejected after the loss of matches that happened to have been fixed!

Waseem's reaction was graceful, some might consider it innappropriate while others will see nothing wrong in it.But to say that Akram made it clear that he was very happy with the result is a figment of one's imagination.Why would a cunning guy like Akram openly express his gladness over the result of the match that was fixed? (keep in mind that Akram was already a suspicious person at the very time in Pakistan and people were after him)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Choora said:
By the same token Salim Malik and Cronje must be the most honest cricketers as they appreared very dejected after the loss of matches that happened to have been fixed!

Waseem's reaction was graceful, some might consider it innappropriate while others will see nothing wrong in it.But to say that Akram made it clear that he was very happy with the result is a figment of one's imagination.Why would a cunning guy like Akram openly express his gladness over the result of the match that was fixed? (keep in mind that Akram was already a suspicious person at the very time in Pakistan and people were after him)
Hmm... there are plenty of people who think that Wasim's reaction was very suspicious.
Of course there are reasons why it could be considered simple grace in defeat. Either way, the main thing I am pointing-out is that losing the game didn't matter in the slightest to Pakistan.

tooextracool

International Coach
Choora said:
Why would a cunning guy like Akram openly express his gladness over the result of the match that was fixed? (keep in mind that Akram was already a suspicious person at the very time in Pakistan and people were after him)
who was after him? as far as i remember the whole match fixing saga happened in 2000.

Choora

State Regular
tooextracool said:
who was after him? as far as i remember the whole match fixing saga happened in 2000.
That was a very delayed response by the authorities who took the players to court in the year you mentioned. The people of pakistan had lost faith in Akram as early as 1998.Some of them even wanted akram to be replaced by some other cricketer as captain long before the cup coz of his links to bookies (thats what some ppl thought about him)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
wahindiawah said:
Is he the only Pakistani cricketer whose name should be spellet correctly? coz the way you spell the name of their captain is actually hilarious.
want to answer the question?

Yeh hilarious. Inzy is indeed his nickname.
www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Inzy&meta=

thats what happens when you search for Inzy in Google. First ten stories are about him and his current cricketing life.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PLAYERS/PAK/I/INZAMAM-UL-HAQ_07002034/

that is how our sport`s governing body`s website spells it. care to disagree with that?

wahindiawah

Banned
Nnanden said:
want to answer the question?

Yeh hilarious. Inzy is indeed his nickname.
www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Inzy&meta=

thats what happens when you search for Inzy in Google. First ten stories are about him and his current cricketing life.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PLAYERS/PAK/I/INZAMAM-UL-HAQ_07002034/

that is how our sport`s governing body`s website spells it. care to disagree with that?
Doesn't matter how the sports gov body spells it, the fact remains that his actuall name is Inzamam-ul-haq. when some is using his full name and yet writes inzy-ul-haq it looks stupid.Yet ironically the same person raises hue and cry when someone spells Akhtar as Akhter 8-)