• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly's sixes

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard Rash said:
Says who? Just because it is unorthodox doesn't mean it shouldn't be given a name. Thats just stupid. The reverse sweep is unorthodox but it had a name. Sorry Richard but you don't have the authority to decide whether or not it should have a name.
I do, however, have the authority to say I believe there's no reason to dub them.
The reverse-sweep is simply so obvious that it's impossible to say anything other than a "reversed sweep". Because that's precisely what it is.
Same as a "slogged sweep".

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
this is really getting silly and looks to me as if richard is just playing devils advocate here....

i can see richards point but for him to claim that he has the authority to decide what is orthodox and what isnt is just feceitous really...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
see above "i do" , and besides even if you havnt put it in words we all know your thinking it,

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Which quite clearly stats something other than what you have claimed.
And just because you might think I'm thinking it, doesn't actually mean I am.