• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Collymore may miss VB Series

Craig

World Traveller
West Indies fast bowler Corey Collymore injured yet again with a side strain.

Oh dear!

This, and the contract problems, will the West Indies have some fit and good cricketers out here with Best, Edwards, Lawson, and Rampaul left out because of the fact they have been hampered by back injuries.

What a state West Indies cricket is in.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
But now some young West Indian quicks get a chance to show what they've got against the worlds best.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or rather Best, Edwards and Rampaul are quite likely to get hammered and West Indies' chances of continuing their ODI renaissance (Bradshaw, Dillon, Collymore, Gayle isn't actually a bad attack) go down considerably.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Buddhmaster said:
Well they'll get some good experience
If you think being smashed all over the park and having your confidence - already not quite sky-high - shattered further, then yes, they'll get some good experience.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
Collymore in ODI's?? Where's chris read when you need him!?!
TBF it's not only Read who's done that, but Collymore's still not a bad ODI bowler.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I definitely rate Collymore as a good bowler in general, but especially in ODIs. That said, he certainly doesn't deserve his own thread. He's not that integral to West Indian success.

Regarding Best, Edwards and Rampaul, all three have shown potential in ODIs Richard. Take off your black and white glasses. Everyone has to start somewhere. Besides, they're all either recovering from injury or not match fit.

twctopcat

International Regular
Richard said:
TBF it's not only Read who's done that, but Collymore's still not a bad ODI bowler.
I know, that's just what he reminds me of in ODI's, nice memories!

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
That said, he certainly doesn't deserve his own thread. He's not that integral to West Indian success.
Well nobody was forced to reply.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
ahhh i love watching the windies play, i hope collymore can play in Sydney.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Richard said:
If you think being smashed all over the park and having your confidence - already not quite sky-high - shattered further, then yes, they'll get some good experience.
Anytime you bowl to the world's best, you will get experience. They will get smashed, but that's how you learn.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Buddhmaster said:
Anytime you bowl to the world's best, you will get experience. They will get smashed, but that's how you learn.
But that isnt going to help the series, or the WI at present.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
As Mr M implies, Collymore's a solid ODI bowler but far from irreplaceable. I prefer big Merv to be honest (a better batsman and fielder, too) and naturally this strengthens his chances of making the tour and the first XI.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Australian pitches were made for Dillon. If he has any sense or form, he'll take this opportunity with 2 hands and get some work in.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Buddhmaster said:
You do not learn by getting smashed.
You learn by bowling in the nets.
No-one needs to get smashed to know that you're not bowling to the standard you need to be.
Nor will being smashed help you improve - it might dent your confidence, but the only way to improve is by practise.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Regarding Best, Edwards and Rampaul, all three have shown potential in ODIs Richard. Take off your black and white glasses. Everyone has to start somewhere. Besides, they're all either recovering from injury or not match fit.
Exactly - playing when not fully fit doesn't help either.
Look, it's not a case of black-and-white, but please tell me how they are going to get better by playing and being hammered? Surely it's far better for them to improve then play, so they don't help lose games for West Indies in the meantime, and get their confidence dented.