• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inzamam

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
I think Inzi's been in great touch recently and proven himself as a fantastic leader since the Ind series (i dont think he lead to well back then soz) and him and the new coach (whose name evades me atm...) seem to gel really well. Also think he's had sum great performances this year, what do u guys think?

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
yeah he played quite good this year ,specially the hundreds he made in pakistan against india
imran khan rates him very highly
some where after viv richards
and there is no doubt he is the backbone of pakistanz batting lne up
and he will b the most feard batsman by the ozzziz :D

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
PAKMAN said:
yeah he played quite good this year ,specially the hundreds he made in pakistan against india
imran khan rates him very highly
some where after viv richards
and there is no doubt he is the backbone of pakistanz batting lne up
and he will b the most feard batsman by the ozzziz :D
You aren't seriously trying to compare Inzamam Ul-Haq to Viv Richards are you?

nzidol

School Boy/Girl Captain
PAKMAN said:
i said somewhere after didnt i 8-)

plus the big khan said it :cool:
fair enough. but he would be quite a bit after i'd say, which is no indictment of him, it's just that sir viv was on another planet.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hit4Six said:
I think Inzi's been in great touch recently and proven himself as a fantastic leader since the Ind series (i dont think he lead to well back then soz) and him and the new coach (whose name evades me atm...) seem to gel really well. Also think he's had sum great performances this year, what do u guys think?
Agreed that he is in great form, but his last innings - v India in the Jubillee match - was really outstanding. Not because of how well he ultimately played, but rather because of how awfully he started. He looked less than a club cricketer for more than half the innings, swiping and missing long hops and whatnot. The transformation was amazing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think Inzamam and Bob Woolmer have the potential to gel well, they are a complimentary partnership which is always one of the things everyone looks for in a captain-coach association.
Inzamam, in a different way to Ganguly with India (ie without making himself so unpopular), seems to provide Pakistan with that rugged, streetfighter outlook that is so essential, especially for subcontinental sides.
Woolmer, of course, provides the professional behind-the-scenes stuff that Pakistan need twice as much as anyone else. Still, even he is never going to totally suppress the chaos that is and probably always will be part of being Pakistani.