• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
burkey_1988 said:
record gap for a player between Test appearances? Martin Bicknell reappeared after England had played 114 Tests since his previous one, which meant Bicknell broke the previous record of 104 by Younis Ahmed of Pakistan between 1969-70 and 1986-87. Another England player, Derek Shackleton, missed 103 Tests between 1951-52 and 1963.
If you're right you're a freak (although I know it was your dad :p)

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well I thought that would take longer than 3 questions :)

burkey_1988 is correct they all missed more than 100 matches between test appearances.

Will have to be more obscure next time ;)

Actually should really have checked google :( Searching on bicknell "younis ahmed" shackleton gives you the answer immediately.

Dan.

Last edited:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
wat unique happening occurred in the Test match between India and England at Manchester in 1952?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
CricketGames.com said:
Well I thought that would take longer than 3 questions :)

burkey_1988 is correct they all missed more than 100 matches between test appearances.

Will have to be more obscure next time ;)

Actually should really have checked google :( Searching on bicknell "younis ahmed" shackleton gives you the answer immediately.

Dan.
i did do google btw

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
just clarifying

QUESTION: What unique happening occurred in the Test match between India and England at Manchester in 1952?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
CricketGames.com said:
Did India achieved their lowest (2 completed innings) match aggregate of runs? 140

Dan.
by the way, this answer is true but not the occurrence i am looking for

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What do Boycott & Trescothick have in common?

Okay they probably have a lot of things in common but I am looking for something very specific. e.g. Both opening for England is not the answer :)

I am going to be away for a few hours in a bit so will post when I can.

Daniel.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
CricketGames.com said:
Q1 Is it a batting statistic? No
Q2 Is it to do with any on field performance (while batting, bowling, fielding, captaining etc) ? Yes
Is it a test match performance ?