• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in India Thread

shaka

International Regular
With the hit wicket idea, I remember MArk Waugh doing it and SA went up for it, but somehow the umpires said not out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
V Reddy said:
What about Claude Henderson ? I only saw him play against Aus in Aus couple of years back but he looked pretty good there .
He bowled quite well in The First Test, but didn't do much in the other two.
Personally I'd prefer Boje. Adams would be great, but picking him ATM wouldn't do anyone any good (well, except the averages of the England batsmen), he's totally lost it (again).
I don't think it'll matter too much because spin shouldn't really play too big a part in the series - when was the last time a pitch in South Africa helped the fingerspinners? Mind, we could have said that about England at Headingley, then look - we got three in a row. Can't think it's that likely to happen again here, though.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
shaka said:
With the hit wicket idea, I remember MArk Waugh doing it and SA went up for it, but somehow the umpires said not out.
Mark Waugh blamed it on a nervous twitch or something. Anyway you can only be out 'hit wicket' if you hit the stumps in the act of playing or completing a shot or taking off for a run.

Craig

World Traveller
I know it because of his religion, but I just love Alma's beard.

Irrelevant post of the day.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Just an aside. Did anyone notice that the Videocon cup is anything but a cup!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Did u ever see that 'cup' that was awarded to Australia when they won the ODI series at West Indies? Tony Greig said that he didn't know what to call that plastic(or rubber, I think) thing.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
Did u ever see that 'cup' that was awarded to Australia when they won the ODI series at West Indies? Tony Greig said that he didn't know what to call that plastic(or rubber, I think) thing.
I dont understand why they dont use their common sense and call it a so-and-so trophy ?

Deja moo

International Captain
They said that the crystal ball thing on the Videocon trophy is worth 2 lakhs. Thats a lot methinks !

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Deja moo said:
I dont think Jennings should mind ....The pillow could fetch him thousands at an auction a few years from now :)
Spot on....And I think it would fetch even more, if he signs it as well, explaining why that pillow was sent to him.:)