• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If I was a Pakistani Selector

tooextracool

International Coach
la28 said:
I think Imran Nazir should be given a shot. Yeah he's failed but he's one of the very very few pakistani batsmen with class. I mean look at the difference in the way Shoaib malik and imran nazir bat. sure, malik may get runs but there's not even the smallest sign of class in him. I would never call him, yasir hameed, or actually any of the curretn pakistani batsmen classy or stylish. Imran's got some great talent and I dont think Pakistan should waste that due to a few failures. He came back into the side for a few games this year but Pakistan needs to be more patient with youngsters. You shouldnt give anyone a free pass to stay in the team but have the patience and give them some confidene instead of pressuring them. So in my opinion, instead keeping some no-good sloggers in the team, why not have someone whose batting can make u proud? Since you guys just lost the paktel cup final by over a 110 runs, it would be good to make some changes.
2 things
1) imran nazir has had more than a 'few failures'....61 ODI games, and hes failed continuosly
2)have you seen shoaib malik bat? seriously just because he used to bat down the order it doesnt make him a slogger. hes showed the technique to be able to bat at 3 and anyone who watched that innings against india wouldnt even consider not calling it an inning of class. he didnt slog it around, he played good cricketing shots.

la28

Cricket Spectator
I'm not calling him a slogger. A slogger would be be Shahid Afridi. But I would never call shoaib malik a classy batsman because compare him with sachin or lara or saeed anwar. During his innings against India, how many runs did he get off edges before getting his fifty? he's got technique but i'm not talking about technique. His type of batting his good, but it wont last. Look at his footwork- these types of batsmen are great only for a certain period of time but after that, bowlers can easily figure them out. I admit, he can get the runs but his batting is nothing beautiful. When I say class, i mean batting which makes you just sit there and wonder how he did that. Micheal Vaughan's innings against australia will tell you what i'm talking about, but I understand if you disagree.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
and believe me imran nazir is nothin special in terms of class either.
and personally i dont think malik's footwork is all that bad at all, not that it matters in ODIs on flat wickets anyways.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You don't pick a player because you like the way he bats. You pick a player because you like the runs he's scoring. I don't give a crap how a batsman scores his runs if he's scoring consistently at international level, he deserves to be there.

NB - This comment is general, not commenting on Nazir and/or Malik. Take from it what you will.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Behlol said:
I dont agree with style.u need runs Not STYLE.la28
A bit late to continue an argument, dont you think :)

But you are right. Barrington was not much of a stylist but boy, was he effective !! 6806 runs at 58.7 each !

Choora

State Regular
SJS said:
A bit late to continue an argument, dont you think :)

But you are right. Barrington was not much of a stylist but boy, was he effective !! 6806 runs at 58.7 each !

If i was to take care of Pak team, then i would have named M Sami the captain and Afridi the vice captain!

I'm sure after such a move Pakistan would get rid of "unpredictable tag" !

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Choora said:
If i was to take care of Pak team, then i would have named M Sami the captain and Afridi the vice captain!

I'm sure after such a move Pakistan would get rid of "unpredictable tag" !
lol :D nice one ,

tafiq umar and imran farhat can make a devistating pair in tests ,unless salaman butt is preferred