• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crack in Bat. Wear and Tear or more serious?

NickV

Cricket Spectator
Hi all. I'm very new to cricket and just had my first hit in the nets. I got a kookaburra kahuna and have been knocking it in (I knocked it in for around 4 hrs and then have been bouncing a ball on it for a long time this week). I have applied 3 light coats of oil to the entire bat. Anyway I was playing today for the first time when this happened: PicPaste - IMG_0489-Am3KaJZs.JPG. Because I am new to the game I have no idea what to do and whether or not this is serious. If this spot is hit again, will this edge of the bat snap? Also should I apply "extratec" to prevent this further? Will this crack seriously affect the performance of the bat? Please help. Thanks