• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bat Care

Perry

Cricket Spectator
I was oiling my bat and I was preparing the bat for knocking. I just applied a very less amount of oil on bat shoulders. Not too much but just a very small amount like a wipe out with cloth. I have read and heard that no oil should be near or on splice area as it can damage the glue jointing the bat handle and the blade.

And also I have oiled it on all open areas like edges, back, toe etc. Will it cause any damge to bat?

And also it has fiber tape covring its edges so should I knock the edges? I think knocking will damage that fiber tape protection.

P.S.- Its a brand new bat and never been oiled or knocked in before.