• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Bat - Slazenger V1200 Select

slowerball

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys, have just retired the Puma Ballistic C.SS 5000 at the start of the season break and purchased a Slazenger v1200 Select, RRP was $349 but all bats were on sale and I got it for $200. Have given it the recommended coats of oil and knocking in.

Performance

A pretty good weight for a bat, maybe a little heavy for the weaker type of people. Balanced pick up and a wide face. A thick edge, with a sweetspot I believe running for about 28cm on the bat. Have used it at the nets 3 times, and my defensive front foot blocks are sending the ball flying back to the bowler. I believe this bat is very good for straight drives and Hook shots. The cut shot seems to be the only flaw, with it being a sluggish in that area. Quite a unique bat in the way of it actually having 2 splices (as shown below). All in all a great bat, it values your shots, sending them straight to the boundary and has given me confidence of scoring some big runs in the first match back in 2 weeks time. Recommend it for anyone struggling to power the ball to the boundary.

Last picture is my old Puma.

2013-12-31 00.39.54.jpg2013-12-31 00.40.35.jpg2013-12-31 00.40.59.jpg2013-12-31 00.41.32.jpg

Anyone have questions? Anyone had experience with this bat? Anyone got it? Anyone thinking of getting one? Discuss! :)

Thanks

slowerball

Cricket Spectator
Well it says "Dual Splice" on the back... Dual = 2 am I right?

Is pretty confusing when I think about it