• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Slip Catching

J_asonR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So, as some of you may know, I'm not small. I weigh 114kg's now (lost about 4 kg's in 5 weeks), but still only really useful in the slips. I used to keep for County for 4 years so got a decent pair of hands and am always the first choice for the captain wherever he needs a strong catcher.

Have a look at these quick two videos and let me know what you think.. I'm messing about the beginning of the one, so just ignore that ;)

Catching Practice 1

Catching Practice 2

DeanWhipper

Cricket Spectator
You're really not at all too weighty to be fielding anywhere you like, you would have no problems at cover or even in the outfield.

Not sure which idiot coach told you that you were overweight, you're over 6ft and quite stocky, 100-120 is a perfectly normal weight.

Somebody like Symonds or going back a while, Botham, would have been around that weight.

As for your catching, hard to really gauge what you're capable of when somebody is bumping balls to you at 2miles per hour.