• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

crack on toe of the new bat..

sncricket

Cricket Spectator
hi
i got ss gladiator 4 months ago . it was pre knock in and i also knock it by my self. and my season started 3 weeks ago and couple of dys ago i saw the crack....
its new and freking expensive bat. what should i do?IMG_20130606_135227.jpgIMG_20130606_135200.jpgIMG_20130606_135331.jpgIMG_20130606_135343.jpg

J_asonR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Couple of options really.. You could take it back to the retailer you bought it from and see if they'll send it off for repairs or offer another bat.. This takes time though and you'll possibly need to knock in a new bat if they give you one... I'd probably go for this option if you've only had it a few weeks...

Other than that though you can get some fibreglass tape and try wrap it up as tight as you can.. This will basically just hold the splinter in place.. It doesn't look like this crack would affect your play too much, so this would be my option if you can't waste a couple of weeks for a repair or replacement..

J_asonR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
how about the white tap?i have seen lots of people put on the bat
Not exactly sure what white tape you mean.. The only thing you want to do is make sure that splinter doesn't get bigger.. I used to just use black grip tape, which worked.. But I'd recommend going as strong as you can with the tape so you don't have to use as much..