• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reccomendations for handle

Batman_11

Cricket Spectator
hey guys,

i recently broke one of my favourite bats and it sanpped at the base of the handle. I removed the splice and cut the bat down to mongoose size. I then carved out some grooves in the back and sanded back the back of the bat towards the bottom like the dual t20 bat. my aim is to make this bat into a t20 specific bat. i have made it light, it is mongoose size and dual sided. the only problem is i dont have a handle. what do you reccomend. I was thinking metal but then it would need to be solid otherwise it would bend and break when the ball hit the blade. I want to keep costs as low as possible. Please help

slowfinger

International Debutant
hey guys,

i recently broke one of my favourite bats and it sanpped at the base of the handle. I removed the splice and cut the bat down to mongoose size. I then carved out some grooves in the back and sanded back the back of the bat towards the bottom like the dual t20 bat. my aim is to make this bat into a t20 specific bat. i have made it light, it is mongoose size and dual sided. the only problem is i dont have a handle. what do you reccomend. I was thinking metal but then it would need to be solid otherwise it would bend and break when the ball hit the blade. I want to keep costs as low as possible. Please help
A standard 3 tapered handle would do the trick?

Batman_11

Cricket Spectator
i am making a mongoose. the handle needs to be extra long because the blade is short. 3 peice andles cost like 50 bucks plus instalation. would metal do the job. doesnt need to be legal just for local t20 not international

slowfinger

International Debutant
i am making a mongoose. the handle needs to be extra long because the blade is short. 3 peice andles cost like 50 bucks plus instalation. would metal do the job. doesnt need to be legal just for local t20 not international
metal feels horrible. carbon fibre is light but slightly expensive. up to you really.