• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sponsorship

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi guys,

Don't really know where to post it, but here it goes.
I'm searching sponsorship for my team in Belgium. As sponsorship is a delicate topic, I don't want to start a plethora of off- topic discussions. Just interested in names of manufactures and/or suppliers who might be interested in sponsoring an overseas cricket team.

So if you're or your friend(s), family are sponsored, please let me know which companies.

For the moment the board and me are working on a kind of business plan so as soon as that's finished I'll address to companies.

At this stage I'm just doing a little market research.

Happy Easter and hope you can help me out.

Cheers

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Why not look for somewhere local? Very, very few club sides in the UK are sponsored by cricket companies: look for a local link, a reason for them to be involved specifically with your boys.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Oops, my first post seems to be a bit incomplete.
In Belgium there are no cricket shops, the closest would be The Netherlands or the UK.
Thats's why I'm searching for tips on the board.

Thanks mate.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
To get equipment for a cheaper price so that we could invest it in our Youth and development program. There is not that much money being invested in cricket.

So if sponsorship would be realized, the youth would benefit from it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If you get sponsored by a non-cricket company, you get money that you can put towards equipment: same outcome.

UK suppliers are not going to be interested in a Belgian club. Sorry, but that's the way it is: it would make no sense to them. It would make a lot more sense to find some local Belgian firms - lots of local exposure, positive press coverage...

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Yeah I know, but cricket isn't that familiar in Belgium. The bets thing would be to find a supplier / manufacturer that wants to offer a sort of discount. Because, even if you find sharp edge prices on the web. The shipping to Belgium is quite high.

cheers

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
I agree with Neil, you should look to local companies, particularly local pubs/clubs and grocery stores. Start small and work your way up.

Cricket companies tend to sponsor individual players rather than teams.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Well for the moment I'm just doing a market research.
As soon I a have some suggestions I will see what I can arrange.
Fingers crossed.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The local pub is a remarkably good sponsor to have.

• They get more business through the club
  • Often offer free drinks to the winning team
  • Can help cover equipment costs
  • Have facilities for trivia nights, presentations .etc

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, pub's probably your best bet as they stand to gain a fair bit out of it as well, as long as you make sure you spend enough time there.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
the average australian/english pub doesn't look like or works like the pubs or cafés that you find in Belgium, espcially outside Brussels or Antwerp.

my suggestion would be call or mail Tim de Leede, he runs a cricket store and ask him if there is a possibility that you get gear for a cheaper price or something for your team, it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Stapel

International Regular
the average australian/english pub doesn't look like or works like the pubs or cafés that you find in Belgium, espcially outside Brussels or Antwerp.

my suggestion would be call or mail Tim de Leede, he runs a cricket store and ask him if there is a possibility that you get gear for a cheaper price or something for your team, it wouldn't hurt to ask!
I just did so last week! No answer yet though.