• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GM Icon 909 or Puma Iridium 4000 GT Cricket Bat

kevinpietersen

School Boy/Girl Captain
GM Icon or Puma Iridium 4000 GT Cricket Bat
I am considering both of these bats to buy beggining of next season. I just want your thoughts of the bats below.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Hi mate,

Last weekend I played with a GM Hero DMX, which, in my opinion, is a simular bat to GM Icon.

It’s a pretty good bat, smooth delivery, really plays well.
I do recall that the Puma bat you‘re talking about is almost half the price of the GM.

Just go to the shop, feel which bat pleases you the most and go for it.
I think if you can afford the GM, just be honest with yourself. Otherwise you may end up with a bat that doesn’t deliverers like you want and you may consider buying the other one anyway.

I hope this is some decent advice.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Maybe something you could take in consideration as well.
Normally both GM and Puma might release a new range of bats, after this season.

This means you may have a discount or have the difficulty to choose from their new bats.

Sorry for teasing you mate.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hi mate,

Last weekend I played with a GM Hero DMX, which, in my opinion, is a simular bat to GM Icon.

It’s a pretty good bat, smooth delivery, really plays well.
I do recall that the Puma bat you‘re talking about is almost half the price of the GM.

Just go to the shop, feel which bat pleases you the most and go for it.
I think if you can afford the GM, just be honest with yourself. Otherwise you may end up with a bat that doesn’t deliverers like you want and you may consider buying the other one anyway.

I hope this is some decent advice.
Totally disgree with that.

TBH, I was looking for the same two bats, for me Puma Iridium.
I just love it from what I've seen, its a winner for me.

Dont get me wrong, I love the ICON DMX aswell, but PUMA IRIDIUM is the one i would always buy.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
I don't see where I can have been wrong unless there is absolutely no simularity between the GM Icon DMX and the GM Hero DMX.

Still I think it's a good idea to check both bats at the shop, because everybody experiences differently.

kevinpietersen

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm not bothered about the money I just want the bat with the best performance.
I will look in the cricket shops in the week then I will post again.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I reckon what Amobokobokoboko is saying about the go to the shop thing is probably your best bet.

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
As it is summer holiday you may consider a daytrip to a biggercity in your area, maybe do some research on the net Phonenumber etc... and ask them before you actually go if they have those bats in stock