• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pace bowling problems

Verse

Cricket Spectator
Just recently I have been bowling terribly inacurate and ive been giving away lots of wides. In the last game I opened the bowling and bowled so many wides it was embarrasing and very costly in T20. Has anyone got any tips to improve my bowling accuracy? I find I get more consistant accuracy when bowling as fast as I can so I dont think its that I have to slow down. Where should I be aiming to pitch the ball and what kind of action would be best. I normally bowl left arm over. Cheers

micoach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bolwing straight is a matter of lining everything up.

If you point your shoulders and front arm at the target, keep your head moving forwards, bring your bowling arm over straight and finish with the opposite shoulder pointing down the wicket then the chances are you will have bowled a straight ball!

The problem usually comes in the gather when you are jumping and lining up your shoulders. If your elbows splay out, for example, so do your shoulders, so does your arm and the ball goes AWOL.