Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dropping catches

Cricket Spectator

End of season catching update

Thanks to all of you who gave advice on overcoming the fear of catching.

I play for an English village team. I played 11 games and ended with a batting average of 27 with a top score of 50 not out, generally going in at 5 or 6,so not bad at all.

However I ended the season with no catches ! I dropped at least 5 none of which would be considered dollies. I fielded at mid on/off , mid wicket and frequently on the boundary.

I took the advice of not worrying too much if I dropped the ball and did not let the spills spoil my enjoyment too much. As a team we probably dropped as many catches as we caught.

Cricket Spectator

I play for an English village team. I played 11 games and ended with a batting average of 27 with a top score of 50 not out, generally going in at 5 or 6,so not bad at all.

However I ended the season with no catches ! I dropped at least 5 none of which would be considered dollies. I fielded at mid on/off , mid wicket and frequently on the boundary.

I took the advice of not worrying too much if I dropped the ball and did not let the spills spoil my enjoyment too much. As a team we probably dropped as many catches as we caught.

Cricket Spectator

Cricket Spectator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information