• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season nine

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ohh, a re-match against Heath. I'll be out for a win this time around, and my batting is stronger now with Kanelo (Remarkable) opening instead of Orourke (Respectable).
Should be a good game. I've sold a couple of players since then that would probably be in the team, but given how close the last one was, I wouldn't bet against this one going down to the wire.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
999ers XI to face the evil Ponies tomorrow:

Zesh Snodin
Marvin Warnock*
Dwight Kealey
Joe Clements
Frankie Bunce
Maurice Aldred
Geoff Fillery
Gene Todd
Dirk Wanless+
Anthony Fitzpatrick
Gareth Bardle

The same XI players who faced off against Kipper XI last week, but Joe Clements recieves a large promotion, following impressive work in training, from 9 up to 4! The 17-year-old is the latest hope from the academy system that has produced the core of the 999ers lineup, opener and captain Marvin Warnock, superstar all-rounder Dwight Kealey, and the greatest superstar ever to play the game of cricket, opening bowler Gareth Bardle.

The 999ers face off against the Magical Ponies at 10.30 tomorrow morning, at the Jamee Gray Arena.

HeathDavisSpeed

Challenged Connells Estates
What should be a tough, close game gets under way in 15 minutes.

The two teams:

Opening Balance

Kanelo
Harris
Ludlow
Appleyard
Moloto
Meyer
Yousif
Hamlin
Groves
Savage
Verhoeven

Connells Estates

Adu
Middleton
Ireland
Murdoch
Cooper
Candappa
Huddlestone
Batty
Antoine
Acton
Marsh

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Tamil Eelam v Brackenhurst

Tailor
Carter-harris
+Delgado
Warnakulasuriya
Merry
*Judd
Mcauley
Hirst
Mcdonald
Everett
Schutte

Just started. Everett making his CW Cup debut. Dropped my captain Carlise to make a spot for him. Judd takes the captaincy for this game.

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 9: 57-0, runrate=6.33
Wikus 5-0-26-0
Dylan* 36 (34 balls)
Keane 21 (20 balls)

Was swearing when i logged in to see this, as i bowled Wikus and Stonebridge through in an attempt to kill his openers early and save Sicelo's PFL.

9.2 W Stonebridge to Dylan
That ball has spun a mile, Dylan looks on in amazement as the ball hits the stumps.

That has made me a little happier.

Another reason I chose to bowl them through was because i checked the weather yesterday, and it was supposed to be partially cloudy and humid, but turns out the never wrong the day before weather forcast, was wrong. Or i looked at it wrong. But knowing Battrick.

Wont be home all day, will be playing a big poker game so will miss all of the excitement. Couple more wickets from these two and i should win, but if one of his good bats is in when the trash come on to bowl, i should lose.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
End of Over 32: 178-0, runrate=5.56
Smart 6-0-22-0
Carter-harris* 100 (97 balls)
Tailor 75 (96 balls)

Getting owned. My batsmen will need to fire.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
35.2 W Smart to Carter-harris
Shortish ball straightens alarmingly on Carter-harris, he's squared right around on the crease, gets a huge leading edge which flies up in the air, Hamlin hurries forward from mid off and slides to take the catch low to the ground.

Yes! That's the big one. Really need to keep them under 300.

HeathDavisSpeed

Clapo well on top in our match at the moment:

Adu 39 not out off 99 balls is not helping us at the moment

Connells 124-4 off 36 overs!

Cooper has just fallen for a decent 57. Out Hit Wicket.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Dwyer won't be happy.

Me, however...

End of Over 39: 223-1, runrate=5.72
Kelly 6-0-24-0
Keane* 95 (98 balls)
Conn 91 (101 balls)
Last Wicket: Dylan b. Stonebridge 36 (FOW: 57/1)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 41: 246-1, runrate=6.00
Kelly 7-0-42-0
Conn* 104 (106 balls)
Keane 105 (105 balls)
Last Wicket: Dylan b. Stonebridge 36 (FOW: 57/1)

Good digs. Conn's first ton for the club (he has numerous unbeaten 50+'s)