Page 485 of 585 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 8770

Thread: Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

  1. #7261
    PY
    PY is offline
    International Coach PY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    10,736
    Financial updates = crippling. Balance = -458k. Got 3 home games this week so not a problem for this week but will be next week.

    Will be selling my wonderful-quality batsman this week and buying 2 batting trainees as a load of my nets have become free so a rebuilding tactic is the way forward as wonderful-quality just doesn't cut in the Ranji.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

    - Stephen Currie

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

  2. #7262
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    This is my second season now. I'm not counting my first half a season in BT as I was a crap.manager who didn't really understand the game...

    For now, I only have a bowling net free. And I plan to rotate that around with a few players who are close to poping (IE 3 or so weeks away). Though by mid-season I may have a fielding net free so I may get him to respectable now, leave him until mid-season and then give him a bowling and fielding net.
    What are your other trainees like btw. At the stage you are at it about training players on potential, not training players to improve a level or two. Just post your trainees if you want. Me or the others can give you some advice on nets and stuff.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  3. #7263
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,784
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    What are your other trainees like btw. At the stage you are at it about training players on potential, not training players to improve a level or two. Just post your trainees if you want. Me or the others can give you some advice on nets and stuff.
    Ok, Here they are.

    Martyn Gill (1877601)


    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, lively fitness.
    A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

    Plays For: foxys bombers
    Nationality: Australia
    Age: 17 Years Old
    Battrick Rating: 4,793
    Wages: 952 p/w

    Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
    Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
    Fielding: worthless


    My YP on Wednesday. ,1 stanmia, 1 bat and 1 fielding. On a some-what related note, I just got a in-game mail about him and whether I'm training him up for U19. I said no though I may sell him if he has a chance. So he may go soon...

    Kevin Summerfield (1784315)


    RH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime fitness.
    A steady player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

    Plays For: foxys bombers
    Nationality: Australia
    Age: 18 Years Old
    Battrick Rating: 8,176
    Wages: 979 p/w

    Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
    Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable
    Fielding: worthless

    Just a bowling.

    Gregory Challinor (1732790)


    LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
    A cautious player with superb leadership skills and woeful experience.

    Plays For: foxys bombers
    Nationality: Australia
    Age: 18 Years Old
    Battrick Rating: 13,156
    Wages: 1,526 p/w

    Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: competent
    Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
    Bowling: respectable Consistency: feeble
    Fielding: woeful


    1 bowling and 1 fielding. Hopefully his consistency is on par by his bowling by the end of the season...

    Roland Floors (1735832)


    LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
    A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.

    Plays For: foxys bombers
    Nationality: Australia
    Age: 18 Years Old
    Battrick Rating: 8,343
    Wages: 869 p/w

    Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
    Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: worthless
    Fielding: abysmal


    Just a bat.

    Shaun Vine (1678096)


    RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
    A cautious player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

    Plays For: foxys bombers
    Nationality: Australia
    Age: 19 Years Old
    Battrick Rating: 10,088
    Wages: 2,059 p/w

    Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
    Batting: strong Concentration: feeble
    Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
    Fielding: mediocre


    Bat and keeping. I had him on a fielding net too before this week. I should get around to changing that keeping net to a fielding one. Don't want to add to his wages.

    and Hunter.
    Last edited by Spikey; 31-05-2008 at 05:48 AM.

  4. #7264
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Personally I would double net a few of those guys on primary nets, Gill needs a min of 2 batting nets. You got too many trainees so I would probably sell Vine. Also I think your better off rotating one fielding net and a stamina net around while you have 4-5 trainees. You don't really get the most out a fielding (secondary) training until a player is 19 plus.
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 31-05-2008 at 06:11 AM.


  5. #7265
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Sarath Cramar (1882614)


    RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
    A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.

    Plays For: Jaffna Jets
    Nationality: Sri Lanka
    Age: 17 Years Old
    Battrick Rating: 4,615
    Wages: 660 p/w

    Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
    Bowling: mediocre Consistency: worthless
    Fielding: worthless

    Pretty much just what I wanted, don't have the nets to flood a respectable. So he will do, could train up to masterful if I train him right. Yes I know he could have been a gun bowler, but meh.

  6. #7266
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,784
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Personally I would double net a few of those guys on primary nets, Gill needs a min of 2 batting nets. You got too many trainees so I would probably sell Vine. Also I think your better off rotating one fielding net and a stamina net around while you have 4-5 trainees. You don't really get the most out a fielding (secondary) training until a player is 19 plus.


    I'll keep Vine for a while. Mainly as I don't have really have a good replacement for him. Unless I pull another gun next week. But I doubt that will happen. Most of my other trainess have good conc so really only Vine, Challinor and Gill need fielding nets for now. As for stanmia, I did that last season so most of them are in good shape there. Though Challinor may need to go back on it some-time this season as hopefully he will perform with the ball and bat...

    Just thinking about it, How much do you think Vine would go for? I thought about it last season but kept him as I once again I didn't have a replacement for him. He's about 7-9 weeks away from a batting pop so I may as well do it now if I do sell him...

  7. #7267
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,969
    Spikey - as Chaminda has said, you should probably pick a few of those blokes and double net them. Looks promising though.
    Jesus saves

    proudly supporting Liverpool FC

  8. #7268
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I'll keep Vine for a while. Mainly as I don't have really have a good replacement for him. Unless I pull another gun next week. But I doubt that will happen. Most of my other trainess have good conc so really only Vine, Challinor and Gill need fielding nets for now. As for stanmia, I did that last season so most of them are in good shape there. Though Challinor may need to go back on it some-time this season as hopefully he will perform with the ball and bat...

    Just thinking about it, How much do you think Vine would go for? I thought about it last season but kept him as I once again I didn't have a replacement for him. He's about 7-9 weeks away from a batting pop so I may as well do it now if I do sell him...
    The thing is if you put your two batsmen trainee on 2 nets, they will in the long run make up for what you lose short term selling Vine and not have a straight replacement in your first XI. Gill could be anything on 2 batting nets, anywhere from masterful to elite. Your other trainee could get up to exceptional on two nets. Where as Vine at best would be poor remarkable batsmen, if you train him up to 21. At the stage your at I would look long term when training and basically training on their long term potential. Rather then short term, getting their primaries and secondaries even.

    But you do have a good lot of trainee, it just getting the most out of them.

  9. #7269
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,784
    Hmm. You have a good point. I've taken Vine's batting net off him and given it to Gill.

    Thinking of dropping Vine's keeping net too and replacing it with a primary net(I don't have need another keeper/fielding/stanmia net for the moment) net too for someone elseand then selling Vine.

    Thanks for the help chaminda!

  10. #7270
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,969
    Got the Pakistan U-19 Coach on my tail now. Ghey.

  11. #7271
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Hmm. You have a good point. I've taken Vine's batting net off him and given it to Gill.

    Thinking of dropping Vine's keeping net too and replacing it with a primary net(I don't have need another keeper/fielding/stanmia net for the moment) net too for someone elseand then selling Vine.

    Thanks for the help chaminda!
    FWIW this is the nets I would give your players if I was managing them. But i really just depends on how you want to develop your players. Apart from Gill needing 2 Batting nets and either stamina or fielding net. The rest are really dependent on how you want to train your players.

    Martyn Gill: 2 Bat, 1 Fitness (until resp, then give to Hunter)
    Kevin Summerfield: 1 Bowl
    Gregory Challinor: 1 Bowl, 1 Fld (until med cons, then rotate with Gill and Hunter)
    Roland Floors: 2 Bat
    Andrew Hunter: 2 Bowl

  12. #7272
    Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Testing Forums into the Sunset
    Posts
    8,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    ..what's the problem with medium bowlers?
    Nothing really, I only say "too many" in the interests of team balance, as I already have Ralph and Mulholland as my medium-pacers (and still I feel 2 might be too much).

    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Chasing a medium bowler, how much do you want?
    I've put him up tentatively at 750k - not sure how the market is going at the moment but that sounds somewhat reasonable.
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

  13. #7273
    First Class Debutant
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    821
    Fazlul Digana (1882872)


    RH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
    An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

    Plays For: Tamil Eelam CC
    Nationality: Sri Lanka
    Age: 17 Years Old
    Battrick Rating: 5,364
    Wages: 865 p/w

    Stamina: competent (12) Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
    Bowling: respectable (12) Consistency: mediocre (11)
    Fielding: worthless

    How about this guy Clapo, attacking temperment to boot. Will give him a couple nets as well for Monday, if someone from here wants him.
    38th Test Player for CW XI

    Test Career: 28 Mts, 2108 runs @ 42.16
    FC Career: 153 Mts, 12569 runs @ 45.21
    List A Career: 94 Mts, 2458 runs @ 30.35
    Twenty20 Career: 17 Mts, 352 runs @ 25.14

  14. #7274
    You'll Never Walk Alone Nate's Avatar
    Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    26,969
    Ended up paying 650k, but got my trainee bowler. So, so, stoked. Brackenhurst's tag as "pesky fool" to long continue in the Cup.

  15. #7275
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,047
    Quote Originally Posted by new_age_ar View Post
    Fazlul Digana (1882872)


    RH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh fitness.
    An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

    Plays For: Tamil Eelam CC
    Nationality: Sri Lanka
    Age: 17 Years Old
    Battrick Rating: 5,364
    Wages: 865 p/w

    Stamina: competent (12) Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
    Bowling: respectable (12) Consistency: mediocre (11)
    Fielding: worthless

    How about this guy Clapo, attacking temperment to boot. Will give him a couple nets as well for Monday, if someone from here wants him.
    Don't want an attacking player sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Battrick
    By James in forum Battrick
    Replies: 2450
    Last Post: 18-12-2012, 03:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •