• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
IV -> III promotion playoff today against GM-Beardsy's team. If he puts out a full strength side I'm stuffed, but if he puts out the side he's been using in OD this season, I've got a glimmer of a chance. Oleary still pretty knackered, though; my long run in the CW cup has cost me a bit at the end of the season.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
IV -> III promotion playoff today against GM-Beardsy's team. If he puts out a full strength side I'm stuffed, but if he puts out the side he's been using in OD this season, I've got a glimmer of a chance. Oleary still pretty knackered, though; my long run in the CW cup has cost me a bit at the end of the season.
Battle of the Beards?

I've got a relegation play-off against a decent enough side (whose name I can't remember!), but one that shouldn't be able to hurt me. Dusty pitch, playing two spinners, sunny day (although I've not checked this morning), GFI.

Should be comfortable enough, but those are famous last words!

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
A regular beard-off indeed. He's put out a first XI, and I'm batting. I don't have a chance. Can't believe I missed out on autopromotion by one run. So bitter. :)

Best o' luck in yours - I won't jinx it by making a prediction, my record is terrible...

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
A regular beard-off indeed. He's put out a first XI, and I'm batting. I don't have a chance. Can't believe I missed out on autopromotion by one run. So bitter. :)
ONE RUN? OUCH!

Best o' luck in yours - I won't jinx it by making a prediction, my record is terrible...
UPDATE 1
McGregor started the match with a boundary, but there haven't been too many since. 13/0 after 3. As there aren't any truly scary bowlers out there, I'm trying Sandwith out at #2. Dusty pitch, sunny day.

UPDATE 2
Well, that's not worked! 47/1 after 10, with McGregor going cheaply...then Sandwith and Reed both out in the space of three balls.
47/3...Oh bugger!
Only Fishy and the three Qual/Superbs between me and Div IV right now.

UPDATE 3
Well, Fishy decided to throw his bat around...before getting out for a madcap 39.
124/4 after 22 overs now, one recognised batsman to come in, and I'm in serious trouble.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nah you'll be right.

Pretty devo with my Playoff really, though I really don't deserve to be in Div.II Australia I could've been there with abit of luck. Had them 5/38 and they ended up making 236. One wicket at that stage and I was into the second tier.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
ONE RUN? OUCH!
Tell me about it; if Battrick batsmen knew not to take singles off the first ball when the tail is in, I'd be in Div III right now. To be fair I seriously rode my luck at the start of the season, so I can't complain too much.

Balls, there goes Janes. I was sailing along nicely, but that's going to seriously limit my score; Boardley's not going to last long against these star destroyers bowlers.

End of Over 34: 158-3, runrate=4.65
Boyce 7-0-28-2
Platt* 38 (52 balls)
Boardley 0 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Janes b. Boyce 36 (FOW: 158/3)

Preview: Yep, he's already gone, along with my chances.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Gutting. Who says the tail never wags in Battrick, eh?

Withington recovering decently, by the looks of things...

Edit: Oops. Sorry Mahindinho. I knew I should've kept shtum.
DAMN YOU! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

186/5. I literally just thought "ha, that's almost the 50 partnership -- had two of those already, so it's time for the next wicket..."

Four balls later, the partnership hits 50. The very next ball, Buckley gets out LBW.

188/6, and it's just Mulryne and the tail. 37 overs, so I'd expect them to be all out by the 43rd. 200, probably. I can't remember for sure (I did my research and set orders three days ago), but I'm up against a side with better bowling than batting...so all hope is certainly not lost.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Now it's Platt's turn to take singles off the first or second ball, every single time. I know it's the same for everyone, but it's incredibly frustrating to watch.Yep, there goes another one as Platt forces the tailender to face five balls from a remarkable bowler.

*sigh*

I'd back you to defend anything over 200 tbh, and you're already there. Have faith!

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Always wags when you don't bowl a team out before the 40th over.
Not for me -- I usually find that, as long as there's an end open at the start of that 40th over, my bowlers will take them out pretty damn quickly.

My problem is that the opposition's usually won by that time :(

223ao in the end, thanks to a heroic 62* from 91 from Mulryne -- surprised to see that I made it to the 48th over. I'll back my lot to defend that, but you never know.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Oleary's done something quite special (verging on unbelievable):

End of Over 13: 45-6, runrate=3.46, reqrunrate=4.03 (193-10)
Oleary 7-2-26-5
Juries* 1 (9 balls)
Moody 9 (20 balls)
Last Wicket: Gray b. Oleary 1 (FOW: 41/6)

All this talk of the tail wagging means I'm still nervous, though. My total's low enough to be hit before the death overs, and he's got one solid batsman left.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Oleary's done something quite special (verging on unbelievable):

End of Over 13: 45-6, runrate=3.46, reqrunrate=4.03 (193-10)
Oleary 7-2-26-5
Juries* 1 (9 balls)
Moody 9 (20 balls)
Last Wicket: Gray b. Oleary 1 (FOW: 41/6)

All this talk of the tail wagging means I'm still nervous, though. My total's low enough to be hit before the death overs, and he's got one solid batsman left.
Awesome! Stop talking -- that game's in the bag.

My opponents had reached 46/0 after 10 overs. 59/1 after 12, but they're well in excess of the RRR. I need some wickets!

Status
Not open for further replies.