• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Im playing in the Planet Cricket Shield.
End of Over 49: 259-10, runrate=5.29
Tait 9-0-57-5
Aziz* 24 (13 balls)
Im the underdog. I am bowling on a Green pitch first. Did pretty well to keep them to 259.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Anyone know how long a 21 yr old will take to pop in conc with 1 bat and a feilding or keeping net.

Also how about consis with a 17 yr old with bowling nets and a keeping and feilding.

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Anyone know how long a 21 yr old will take to pop in conc with 1 bat and a feilding or keeping net.

Also how about consis with a 17 yr old with bowling nets and a keeping and feilding.
21 year olds take ages to pop. Wouldnt bother training him to be honest.

The 17 year old will pop crazy if he has both fielding AND keeping nets.

mikeW

21 yo are worth training if they are gun players already. i.e remarkable and above.
Thanks for the help Tharmi.

The player in question is Quality/Strong so i see 1 net not really being a waste also considering he's my 2nd best bat behind Bertos at the moment.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Train him, a couple of weeks extra to pop doesn't make much difference. My 23yo bat (Janes) took 7 weeks to pop in concentration (with 1 bat and 1 fielding net) so a 21yo will probably take 8 weeks or so.

mikeW

Train him, a couple of weeks extra to pop doesn't make much difference. My 23yo bat (Janes) took 7 weeks to pop in concentration (with 1 bat and 1 fielding net) so a 21yo will probably take 8 weeks or so.
Thanks mate.

Why can't anyone decent be listed on the market? now that i have cash to spend.

headhunter

End of Over 21: 71-6, runrate=3.38
Eyles 4-1-4-2
Patton* 1 (4 balls)
Impey 1 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Ross c. Kilkenny b. Eyles 6 (FOW: 70/6)

Nooooooooo!
The match I want to win the most this season and this happens!!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Rob Mulholland - 19 yo, BT Rating=30,837
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, strong bowling form, invigorated
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: proficient
Fielding: worthless

Roger Mcmillan - 22 yo, BT Rating=131,395
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: wonderful Concentration: sensational
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: sensational
Fielding: superb

There is the finished product. Roger Mcmillan, promoted on the 28th on January 2006, has now completed his training. One club player. Legend. Also has awesome symmetry with all his attributes :cool:

Mulholland also a mere six weeks away from getting a fielding net. He'll be awesome by the end of next season.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wayne Moloto - 19 yo, BT Rating=50,061
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, respectable bowling form, lively
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: quality Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Only noticeable pop, should be getting close to remarkable 'keeping as well. I'm thinking about stopping his 'keeping net at remarkable, as I can't really see the need to have it any higher for the time being, or would I be better off letting him get to wonderful? Some advice would be much appreciated.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'd probably take keeping to exceptional maximum. Don't know why, just seems like a good stopping place to me. It's where I'll stop my future keeping trainee.

Anyway, one pop, but I'm pretty stoked with it.

Code:
Jim Keane - 19 yo, BT Rating=27,669
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: 	competent 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	[B]wonderful[/B] 	Concentration: 	proficient
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	worthless
Fielding: 	abysmal
He's on a fielding net now as well, so he should pop again in conc and fielding before the end of the season, and by the end of next season he'll be sensational-remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.