• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won my FC match against my main competition by 488 runs due to them declaring early for some reason.

Asterix XI 657/5dec. (133)
Ashton 218*, Cuss 178, Whitehorne 152

Knuckleheads 204/1dec. (48)
Whitehorne 1-37

Asterix 209/4dec. (40)
Cuss 115, Whitehorne 69*

Knuckleheads 174 (54.2)
Whitehorne 5-59, Ellis 4-32

My PFLs are ****ed.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brackenhurst - 110/10 off 36.3 overs
Hamlin 39 (49)
Browne 29* (49)
Eustace 3/15 (10)

The Pink Dragons - 111/2 off 24.3 overs
Richards 54* (67)
Mckinley 47* (78)
Lake 1/21 (7)
Smart 1/23 (5)

Pretty poor performance really. They out-rate my bowling big-time, but I thought I might've taken a few more wickets maybe. Lake was gun, as was Bardle's wicket-keeping.

FC Match against the top side next...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
And that's the end of the match. Tawonga Tigers won by 237 runs.
Tawonga Tigers 326-2
truebluenavyblues 89-10

(H)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 28: 163-2, runrate=5.82, reqrunrate=6.45 (304-3)
Oreilly 4-0-20-0
Longthorn* 42 (44 balls)
Tyler 4 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Schofield Run Out 92 (FOW: 159/2)

need a good solid partnership now!

Bobisback

International Regular
And that's the end of the match. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers won by 5 wickets.
Going Batty 197-10
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers 198-5

So good. Top of the table still :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
my boys have done well....good chase so far!

End of Over 43: 291-3, runrate=6.77, reqrunrate=2.00 (304-3)
Woods 7-0-59-0
Antonius* 30 (17 balls)
Longthorn 101 (93 balls)

Last Wicket: Tyler c. Worthington b. Oreilly 41 (FOW: 247/3)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bowled them out for 12 and 11, Derick took 15. Michael scored 815* and Ohalloran 763*.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
End of Over 50: 276-10, runrate=5.52 
Rideegammanagedera 9-1-46-5 
Evans* 41 (45 balls)
Not overly confident about this, playing my 2nd XI side against one to weaker sides in the league. Hopefully my strong and proficient openers get some early wickets, as i have tripe after that. Evans did well in his debut OD innings after failing in the FC.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lost FC this round, but made up for it in OD, beating the team that I beat by an innings last week in FC.

Gosford City 144 (45.0)
Canning 3/17 (10), Tedstone 2/37 (10), Fernando 2/52 (8)

Magical Ponies 2/146 (28.1)
Tedstone 53* (58), Terry 44* (54), Burger 32 (46)

Magical Ponies Gosford City
Top Order: proficient competent
Middle Order: proficient mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: quality mediocre
Spin Bowling: proficient respectable
Fielding: woeful woeful
MOTM: Tedstone

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
got pumped in the fc game this week but got it back in the one day game with a sensational chase today from the boys. Having the opposition win the toss and bat and making a comfortable 3 - 304 i thought we where in trouble with a few changes to the side due to fitness .
The bowlers all really struggling going over 5 and 6 an over except talented farmer who didnt takle a wicket but only went for 4 and over.
In return chasing down the 304 seemed easy with all batsmen getting a start

Name Runs Balls 4s 6s
Schofield run out 92 99 8 2
Skipper c. Worthington b. Khuliso 21 25 1 1
Longthorn (+) not out 108 99 12 1
Tyler c. Worthington b. Oreilly 41 28 6 0
Antonius (*) not out 38 22 5 1
Pitch: Flat Weather:

Stewie XI won the toss and elected to bat.
Reporter's Summary
caves_beachcc Stewie XI
Top Order: feeble feeble
Middle Order: feeble feeble
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: woeful feeble
Spin Bowling: woeful woeful
Fielding: abysmal woeful

MOTM: Longthorn
i stay at =2nd due to net run rate . Leader is 4 from 4 and capalaba turks and myself are on 12 points with 4th place 4 points behind me.Starting to shape up nicely.

And at the start of the season i was struggling with money so after a few weeks into the season and not putting any money into the its, and reducing my squad the balance is starting to come around nicely. its doesnt have millions but its starting to get there which is a good sign.

nibbs

International Captain
Won FC convincingly. PFLs seem to be hanging in the balance at the moment. So I've got more stamina nets back out in force. But really, most sides should be in a similiar boat so I'm not too worried.

First of three big OD games this week. If we can win 2/3 of them we'll challenge for the title. Gotta overcome Waitakere this week. Only beaten them once in 4 attempts. Their side is based around 2 pretty awesome players. Deal with them and we should win.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Yep -- challenge away! Withington Wonderers.

Won't be able to accept until later, though. Not quite a 2nd XI as I don't have a large enough squad, but I'll be resting at least 6 first-teamers.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Kala Sheriyan v Jaffna Jets: Jets win by 105 runs

Jaffna Jets 276 All Out
Clayton 110(105), Obeysekera 59(60), Evans 41*(45), Rideegammanagedera 5/46(9.2)

Kala Sheriyan 171 All Out
Agakhan 72*(73), Priyantha 5/47(8.5), Obeysekera 3/38(10)

Kala Sheriyan Jaffna Jets
Top Order: mediocre feeble
Middle Order: woeful woeful
Lower Order: worthless worthless
Seam Bowling: abysmal mediocre
Spin Bowling: mediocre woeful
Fielding: feeble abysmal

A bit surprised my ratings were that poor, but it was 2nd XI side. Nice to see Obeysekera put in an all round performance, first time his taken more then 2 wickets in an innings. Bring his bowling average below 100 for the first time ever. Gun (Y)

Priyantha doing what he does best rolling the tail. Out of his 150 odd wickets for the Jets i reckon 100 are against tail enders. Clayton looks like he was the difference between the two sides though.

I reckon all my players bar Jeithoon and Muralitharan will be sublime by Sunday for the cup, but i'll probably still go a 2nd XI, so they are all sublime for the FC match on Tuesday. Playing a D2 OD side with a miraculous opening batsmen, but not much else.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Sweet, performed really well with the bat against Fambridge. Made 331/2 from my 50 overs with centuries from Kepler and Grant and a maiden 50 from Caldwell. They're 64/1 from 12 and falling behind the required runrate already.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Never expected to win any OD matches in Div IV but thanks to PFL's i have won 4 out 4(hopefully) after this match.

End of Over 32: 160-9, runrate=5.00, reqrunrate=1.44 (185-10)
Mohan 6-1-39-2
Cammidge* 0 (1 balls)
Pennant 0 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Fairweather c. King b. Mohan 0 (FOW: 160/9)

Edit: As i typed up the post the game finished

And that's the end of the match. Alternative XI won by 23 runs.
Alternative XI 185-10
The Maine Men 162-10

Shafilshuna takes a 5-for.

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Have to say I'm loving the introduction of FC - not only for the games themselves, but also for the bearing that they have on the OD games. It's made the whole game more challenging and intricate, and there is far more scope for surprise victories.

Big thumbs up.

I also can't remember what I used to do with myself on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays either.

Status
Not open for further replies.