• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Um how does being bowled out for fewer give them a better chance of winning? Did Chappell actually say that? Surely I'm going insane hefe

vcs

That should have disappeared. Lucky-ish wicket, but great result for Australia after that 5th wicket partnership.

morgieb

I mean you’d take 400 every day of the week batting first but that does not feel like enough.

adub

International Captain
Ridiculous. It was actually not that short and it was wide of off stump.

I hate this short **** at Broad, but if he's gonna get out like that it isn't going to stop anytime soon.

Spark

Global Moderator
Ridiculous. It was actually not that short and it was wide of off stump.

I hate this short **** at Broad, but if he's gonna get out like that it isn't going to stop anytime soon.
Right, that wasn't one of those horrible legside pies, that was a just a length ball that he tried to hit over fine leg for six.

vcs

It's one of those totals that's hard to say whether it's par or below or above. I think England will bowl well here and take a first innings lead.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's one of those totals that's hard to say whether it's par or below or above. I think England will bowl well here and take a first innings lead.
Yeah it's tough to say. If the pitch plays as some fear, this could be waaaaay below par, but England could also get a 150 run lead due to scoreboard pressure.

This could have been a seriously **** score had the catching been competent though.

TheJediBrah

Um how does being bowled out for fewer give them a better chance of winning? Did Chappell actually say that? Surely I'm going insane hefe
Nah he's actually got a good point. If they made 600 or something, firstly there's less time in the game to go for a win, and secondly their less likely to get Australia to declare and push for a second innings chase.

adub

International Captain
The Poms were quite reasonably thinking 500 until an hour ago.

400 is always nice to have on the board 1st innings, but feels a fair bit under par here.