• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cheers for the radio link by the way Spikey. Just been listening since lunch and even though not much has happened its been good to hear instead of relying on the basic cricinfo commentary.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Yeah if Compton keeps making runs for Somerset I would not be against him getting a go in the the middle order if there is a space. Certainly if Trott got injured he would be the obvious choice.
Compton used to be a number 3 at Middlesex before he moved to Zummers didn't he, or have i got that wrong?

I would think Bell would go to 3 if Trott went down.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure Compton batted at 5 for Middlesex before moving to three at Somerset. Was never an opener anyway, and only played there because that was the only vacancy available when his chance came. He was actually a semi contender for the number 6 spot at points last summer, or at least was in my eyes.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Back to the match at hand, Pattinson has apparently been the best Australian bowler so far. Beat Compton a couple of times in his last over.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I'm pretty sure Compton batted at 5 before moving to three at Somerset. Was never an opener anyway, and only played there because that was the only vacancy available when his chance came. He was actually a semi contender for the number 6 spot at points last summer, or at least was in my eyes.
Did not know that cheers.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hey siddle, you're putting your position in the team at risk with this crap

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Now they're saying how fast medium is a compliment to Siddle, and he's more medium fast. Hopefully for the commentators sake Nufan turned their coverage off 10 minutes ago.

Spikey

Usman getting a chance to show why he should replace Hussey with the ball too.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
From what they're saying, he's bowled fast and a bit loose. Pattinson has been the best bowler by a long way.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
You're playing four seamers and Watson FFS, what's Khawaja doing?

Hows Starc been bowling? Actually has a really good economy
Commentators keep harping on about how he clearly has a lot of potential but has to improve his radder as he's bowled quite a few loose balls.

Spikey

You're playing four seamers and Watson FFS, what's Khawaja doing?

With Hussey gone, we don't have a batsman who can bowl some solid seamers if Watson isn't in the team, for one reason or another. So I suppose we'll just giving him an audition of sorts because let's face it, Watson might be out of team at some point during the Ashes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Now they're saying how fast medium is a compliment to Siddle, and he's more medium fast. Hopefully for the commentators sake Nufan turned their coverage off 10 minutes ago.
Haha I did actually. Computer crashed so took a break for half an hour. Missed all of Siddle's spell (probably for the best).