• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

tooextracool

International Coach
This is an absolute joke. Both Cook and Strauss were/are batting like absolute morons. How long is it going to take them to realise that they need to eliminate the pull and hook shot on this pitch? You have to play with a straight bat as much as possible. Even after Strauss' wicket we see Cook playing the same stroke off Clarke as though he hasnt learnt his lesson. Brainless stuff really. If i were Strauss i wouldnt have the ***** to show my face in the dressing room.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
I actually dont think so. With the angle could have been slipping down leg.

The more I see it the less out it looks. A fact I think backed up by the Channel 9 not showing the Hawkeye of it. Just like they did not do Snicko when ponting gloved one behind.

I would not have given it. Too far forward
sky showed the hawkeye as hitting centre of leg

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
That Stuart Clark spell before lunch was absolutely unbelievable. The last two overs were simply unplayable and he could have had a wicket 4 or 5 times.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paul Collingwood just looks out of his depth, Stuart Clark is bowling really well to assist Glenn McGrath. Maybe Brett Lee needs to take his pace down a notch or two because not too many of his deliveries that have hit cracks have deviated.

Goughy said:
I actually dont think so. With the angle could have been slipping down leg.

The more I see it the less out it looks. A fact I think backed up by the Channel 9 not showing the Hawkeye of it. Just like they did not do Snicko when ponting gloved one behind.

I would not have given it. Too far forward
I think it was out.

A fact backed up by SKY showing the hawkeye of it, hitting the middle of leg. Much like with Hoggard's LBW's when AUs batted.