• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your 20/20 WC Squad?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pak 30 (3 ICL Players included)...

Younis Khan (capt), Salman Butt, Nasir Jamshed, Khalid Latif, Shahzaib Hasan, Ahmed Shehzad, Umar Amin, Misbah-ul-Haq, Faisal Iqbal, Fawad Alam, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir, Yasir Arafat, Kamran Younis, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Aizaz Cheema, Mohammad Aamer, Wahab Riaz, Imran Ali, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Rehman, Yasir Shah, Kamran Akmal (wk), Sarfraz Ahmed, Abdul Razzaq*, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan*, Imran Nazir*

* - Inclusion in final team subject to ICC approval

Hopefully Aamer makes the 15. :cool:

Dydl

International Debutant
Also, if you want girls to play, it's good to have female role-models around. I played in mixed teams until I was about 12, but then gave up until I was 14 I found out about a women's club league that my Mum was kind enough to drive me back and forwards to. I wouldn't have done that if a woman hadn't come up to me at a men's match and told me about it, and I was at that age where you don't really want to play with men.
Definitely agree with that first sentence. Role models are so important to getting girls involved in the game. I know of so many teenage girls around the age of 14 and 15 (my sister's friends, mainly) who have said how much of an impact it makes being able to actually meet some of the best women's players in the world, because the players get really involved with the development of the game, which I think is great. It definitely encourages participation.

Total farce that Strauss has been left out.
Will be interesting to see who the ECB choose as captain now too.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Best XI's for each team?

This tournament is going to crazzyyyy. So what are the best XI, likely to look like. Already know whats poppin wid ENG & AUS, so i'll have a go at the rest.

INDIA:

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Sharma
Y Pathan
Kumar
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Sharma

Back-ups: Raina, Jadeja, I Pathan, Patel.

PAKISTAN:

Butt
Nazir
Younis
Malik
Misbah ul-Haq
Razzaq
Afridi
Akmal
Tanvir
Akhtar
Gul

Backups: Arafat, Alam, Ajmal, Shezad

I am presuming here, with this cooling period PAK will be able to pick Razzaq & Nazir. But i could be wrong..

WEST INDIES:

Gayle
Perkins/Fletcher+
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Bravo
Pollard
Dwayne Smith
Taylor
Benn
Rampaul
Edwards

Back-ups: Ramdin, Simmons/Richards, Deonarine, Sammy.

NEW ZEALAND:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptil
Taylor
Styris
Oram
N McCullum
Vettori
Southee
Mills
O'Brien

Well this looks like the best XI i'd say from the 15-man squad. Surprised Patel wasn't picked.

SRI LANKA: (This is straight guess work)

Dilshan
Jayasuriya
Sangakkara
Kandamby
Jayawardene
Kapugedara
Maharoof
Thushara
Malinga
Mendis
Muralitharan

Back-ups: Silva, Vaas/Fernando, Kulasekara, Mubarak

SOUTH AFRICA:

Smith
Gibbs
Kallis
AB
Dumminy
Boucher
Morkel
Van der Merwe
Botha
Parnell
Steyn

Back-ups: M Morkel, Abdulla, Amla, 15th?.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South African final 15...

Graeme Smith (capt), Johan Botha (vice-capt), Yusuf Abdulla, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis, Albie Morkel, Morne Morkel, Justin Ontong, Wayne Parnell, Robbie Peterson, Dale Steyn, Roelof van der Merwe.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
if i had authority to choose pakistani side i would pick these players
1. Imran Nazir
2. imran Farhat
3. Shoaib Malik
4. Misbah Ul Haq
5. Kamran Akmal
6. Shahid Afridi
7. Abdul Razzaq
8. Sohail Tanveer
9. Umer Gul
10. Saeed Ajmal or Rana Naveed
11. Shoaib Akhter

others: Shahid Yousaf, waqas Aslam, Salman butt, Younas khan

A well balanced side i guess
if this was the team, they definately were going to be favourites
but still whatever the side is, they'll make it to the semi finals, after that anything 'll be bonus

Athlai

Not Terrible
if i had authority to choose pakistani side i would pick these players
1. Imran Nazir
2. imran Farhat
3. Shoaib Malik
4. Misbah Ul Haq
5. Kamran Akmal
6. Shahid Afridi
7. Abdul Razzaq
8. Sohail Tanveer
9. Umer Gul
10. Saeed Ajmal or Rana Naveed
11. Shoaib Akhter

others: Shahid Yousaf, waqas Aslam, Salman butt, Younas khan

A well balanced side i guess
if this was the team, they definately were going to be favourites
but still whatever the side is, they'll make it to the semi finals, after that anything 'll be bonus
I don't know if its a sure thing they'll get to the finals. Pakistan haven't got enough cricket under their belts lately, though it does seem they have an easy path to the semi's with a group of England and the Dutch and then matches against probably NZ (could do well) Bangers (not so much) WI/SL (depends what team turns up). If this unit starts working well together and they get some of the stars playing they'll be right up there.

Anyone think we'll see a repeat of the previous WC semi's? NZ PAK IND AUS?

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i would love to see India vs pakistan in semi's
australia vs newzealand

but all are probabilities
who knows none of these reaches semi's
lol

dossa

Cricket Spectator
M.Clarke (c)
D.Warner
C.Ferguson