• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

reyrey

U19 12th Man
Congrats KKR. Well deserved winners. Lost only 3 games, one a poor batting performance early on and the other 2 due to excellent 100s from Buttler and Bairstow. They did it also without really needing to rely much on the impact sub rule.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats to KKR. They were good when it mattered. IMO, KKR and RR were the teams of the tournament, notwithstanding the dip over the last 5 or so games for RR in the league. I think the middle muddle was a bit of a much of a muchness and SRH were a bit lucky as I felt they could have well lost either or both of their last league games but one got rained off and PBKS experimented a lot with their bowling in the last one. RCB had a great run but obviously it was not sustainable as it felt almost as if they felt their zenith was actually making the play-offs. Once CSK were out, RCB were the ones I wanted to win as I feel Virat deserves an IPL trophy and Faf is awesome, but unfortunately, they were just not upto it.

It was also way too loaded towards the sides winning the toss and chasing in most games. I feel the idea proposed by MSD is actually pretty good, to start games later by 8 PM or so to ensure the advantage of bowling first is nullified a bit more and there is only like 5 overs of a dry ball available as compared to the 2 or 3 the team bowling second gets.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
IPL Team of the Tournament?
(Using 4 foreign players rule)

I'd go :

1.Virat Kohli
2.Sunil Narine
3.Sanju Samson
4.Riyan Parag
5.Nicholas Pooran
6.Heinrich Klaasen (WK)
7.Andre Russell
8.Harshal Patel
9.Jasprit Bumrah
10.H.Rana
11.Varun Chakravarthy
Ide go

1.Abhishek
2.Narine
3.Kohli
4.Sanju (WK)
5.Parag
6.Pooran
7.Dre Russ
8. Harshal
9.Bumrah
10. Natarajan
11.Varun

And use stubbs or klassen as the impact sub depending on the match situation. If I'm down 4 wickets in the first 10 klassen can keep the pressure on vs the spin with pooran, if it's deeper in stubbs is a better death hitter.