• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best test wicketkeeper since Knott?

Best keeper

• Wasim Bari

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Syed Kirmani

• Ian Smith

• Nayan Mongia

• Dave Richardson

• Rashid Latif

• Tatienda Taibu

• BJ Watling

• Ben Foakes

• Other (mention in comments)

• Dhoni

• Boucher

• McCullum

• Paine

• Other

• Blundell

• Total voters

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Healy and Russel in that order from what I've seen. Jayawardene was also really good.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I always really liked Dujon. He was an athletic catch maker, but obviously looking more at highlights where West Indies great quicks are running through sides influences that perception.

What were flaws in his keeping (if any), that could keep him out of the very top?

capt_Luffy

International Regular
I always really liked Dujon. He was an athletic catch maker, but obviously looking more at highlights where West Indies great quicks are running through sides influences that perception.

What were flaws in his keeping (if any), that could keep him out of the very top?
Read he wasn't really good against spinners like Harper, let alone someone better.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jack Russell, hideously over-rated, as always, utterly elite to seamers, but wasn't great against spin at all.

Foster better for me, maybe even French.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year

He wasn't elite to spin. An absolute gem vs pace. Most athletic keeper I've ever seen.

peterhrt

U19 Cricketer
Jack Russell is another English cricketer whose reputation has grown since retirement. Between his debut and last Test, England played 96 Test matches. Russell appeared in 54. His eccentricity and painting created an aura enhancing the claim that he was a victim of the selectors.

Russell was a good wicket-keeper but not a great one. He delighted traditionalists by standing up to the stumps on occasions to medium-fast bowling, but he did make mistakes. After one especially poor tour of the Caribbean, a couple of newspapers called for him to be replaced.

He wasn't as good a keeper as Foakes.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Jack Russell is another English cricketer whose reputation has grown since retirement. Between his debut and last Test, England played 96 Test matches. Russell appeared in 54. His eccentricity and painting created an aura enhancing the claim that he was a victim of the selectors.

Russell was a good wicket-keeper but not a great one. He delighted traditionalists by standing up to the stumps on occasions to medium-fast bowling, but he did make mistakes. After one especially poor tour of the Caribbean, a couple of newspapers called for him to be replaced.

You’re a gem, mate.

capt_Luffy

International Regular

So like England is repeating the mistake they made in the 90s; but this time with a downgraded version of Stewart??