• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Niall

International Coach
How much money would you put on Fury being on something?

It’s Saudi & they don’t give a ****
True enough, I expect Fury will get away with a lot in the ring also.
Today I am worried unless its emphatic, I can see Usyk getting robbed when if it goes to the judges.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Loma-Kambosos on atm

George has looked washed to me but Loma is small for the weight
George is a credit to the sport. Did things the hard way to work his way up and win against Teo, immediately took the difficult fights in trying for undisputed with Haney, and then took on Lomachenko.

It's all you can ask of a fighter. Absolute champion.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
How much money would you put on Fury being on something?

It’s Saudi & they don’t give a ****
Yeah, I'm pretty certain the drug testing for this fight is minimal and in any case, Fury's camps are usually in the middle of nowhere where he can't be tested.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The referee and judges for the fight look sketchy as hell.

The final step is to make the ring the size of a chessboard.

Would have preferred for the fight to have been sanctioned by anyone other than the Uk board.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah getting a bad feeling that Usyk may have to decapitate him to get the win at this stage.
Yeah, so many things going against him.

1. It's a Frank Warren x Bob Arum promotion, both of whom are Fury promoters.

2. Prior to the officials being announced, Usyk was the betting favorite. As soon as the referee and judges were announced that flipped. That should tell you something - all of them are guys with a long history of backing the house fighter. The ref in particular is pretty horrible.

3. All of the powers that be - Saudi, Frank Warren, Bob Arum, the sanctioning bodies - want Fury vs AJ.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Man Briedis will be kicking himself about that.

What a guy.

Super underrated fighter over the last decade or so. One of my favourites.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must be something in the Saudi water that makes British fighters say stupid **** after losing fights

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good fight, Usyk deserving of the win but Fury looked like he was going to run away with it after 7 rounds. I think the 114-113 score for Usyk was probably reasonably fair. Genuinely looking forward to the rematch, which I wasn't expecting before the fight.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah great fight.

I don't see how you could give Fury 6 rounds in that fight, let alone 7.

Max would be 5.

The 115 112 scorecard was right for me.

social

Probably won’t happen but I would like to see Usyk retire.

He’s 37, is at the absolute summit of the sport and should have plenty of $

People forget that he had 350 amateur fights as well so has a lot of miles on the clock

Niall

International Coach

People forget that he had 350 amateur fights as well so has a lot of miles on the clock
Money is tempting!

Their is only 2 fights that would appeal to him now, rematch against Fury who he already defeated or 3rd time v AJ who he beat twice so yeah be nice for him retire somewhat intact because even though he can beat those 2, he will take plenty of damage doing so which he just doesn't need.

social

Money is tempting!

Their is only 2 fights that would appeal to him now, rematch against Fury who he already defeated or 3rd time v AJ who he beat twice so yeah be nice for him retire somewhat intact because even though he can beat those 2, he will take plenty of damage doing so which he just doesn't need.
Estimated that he’s earned $100 million from Joshua and Fury fights so let’s say he’s taken home 50

Another fight won’t make much difference to his lifestyle as he doesn’t appear to live like Mike Tyson

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

I reckon he'll retire after the rematch. The only thing thing waiting for him after that (presuming he wins) will be another rematch against the winner of Joshua and Fury, and I don't think he or too many other people will see the point in it.