• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ok, so seriously, how was this WC overall?

How was it?

• Best WC ever

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Great

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Mediocre

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Worse than the one in which Bob Woolmer passed away

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
Lots of great moments, but the WC had the potential to be so much more.

I suppose it's disappointing because there were a lot of potential great moments that never materialised. Ireland making the QFs. Afghanistan/UAE/Scotland upsetting a Test nation. India making the finals. NZ winning the cup. There was a lot of build up without a satisfying climax.

So many games billed to be great contests on paper also failed to deliver. And the semi-finalists were more or less who every pegged before the WC.

There were good games and good cricket, but overall...yea, disappointing.

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
Neutral fan here. Was a lot of fun to watch. New Zealand were a great feel good story, it's a shame they fell at the last hurdle, but they can be proud of themselves. Had me rooting for them in the final and I was really sad when they lost (still am since it's so soon after the match).

Of course, personally, I only have 2011 to compare it to. I haven't been watching cricket long. I thoroughly enjoyed the tournament and it only reinforces how much I like this sport and how glad I am that I discovered it.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
6/10. Better than 2007, probably worse than 1999 and 2011. Apart from the two Eden Park matches and the Pakistan/South Africa I found most of the "Big 8" matches rather underwhelming, particularly in the knockouts. Associates were fun and it's a utter shame that they'll be gone, but there were a few games that the new rules really exposed them. **** format doesn't help either.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Boring. Too many 300+ scores which made toss very important. And Australia won again

Athlai

Not Terrible
This is the highest standard of cricket we've had in a World Cup. 5 genuine contenders. Strongest minnows ever, and a decent Bangladesh.

Despite the high amount of tons, quality bowlers were able to dominate. If the ICC has their way, we will never see a WC like it again.

Athlai

Not Terrible
In terms of presentation it was rubbish ftr. ESPN/Star Sports were horrid. But what can you do?

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I enjoyed 2011 a bit more overall, but this one had some of the best individual ODI games ever. Overall an okay WC, slightly underwhelming I'd say

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the highest standard of cricket we've had in a World Cup. 5 genuine contenders. Strongest minnows ever, and a decent Bangladesh.

Despite the high amount of tons, quality bowlers were able to dominate. If the ICC has their way, we will never see a WC like it again.
It's main detractor was the one-sided nature of the quarters, the Aust vs India semi & the Final.

Highest standard? Yes, but you'd expect progressively higher standards at every WC,