• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ok, so seriously, how was this WC overall?

How was it?

• Best WC ever

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Great

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Mediocre

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Worse than the one in which Bob Woolmer passed away

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
I thoroughly enjoyed it although '99 would remain my all time favorite edition especially for the awesome kits of every team basically.

I being a big fan of fast bowlers myself was glad to see top quality fast bowling being rewarded and it was really no surprise to see the team with the best set of fast bowlers win this tournament.

As for India,they wont, perhaps never win major tournaments overseas and this includes test series if they dont produce quality fast bowlers.A country that pumps most money into the game more than any other country ought to produce better quality when it comes to fast bowling.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
'99 would remain my all time favorite edition
Mine too. Such a fantastic tournament, even with the disappointingly one-sided final. Hopefully there'll be one that can beat it some time in future, but it hasn't happened yet.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, but to be fair there haven't really been many good World Cup finals! Of the finals I've seen, 1996 and 2011 are the only ones I'd say were actually really good games.