• Great

27 51.92%
  • Mediocre

17 32.69%
  • Worse than the one in which Bob Woolmer passed away

3 5.77%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Ok, so seriously, how was this WC overall?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Wahab and SA-NZ were one of the greatest WC moments and basically carried the rest of the ****e knockouts.

The responses after Australia winning can basically be summarised as:

NZ: Congrats, Aus!
    Ind: Congrats Aus!
    SA: Congrats Aus!
    SL: Congrats Aus!
    Pak: Congrats Aus!
    WI: Congrats Aus!
    Eng: Congrats Aus!
    Zim: Congrats Aus!
    Ban: But that was not a no-ball

_Ed_, zorax and OverratedSanity like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

International Regular theegyptian's Avatar
    How do you compare tournaments? and is it worth comparing them? I dunno. It always seems rather pointless to me. Looking at this one.

It seems like Aus and NZ were good hosts and it seemed to be a big event in those countries with plenty of interest from noncricket fans. Decent wickets and weather. Success.
    Hosts making final always keep interest levels high in a tournament. Success.
    Scandals or problems? No not really. ICC making the next tournament a 10 team tournament was the biggest issue. Relative Success.
    Standard of cricket? Likes of De Villiers, Maxwell and Starc seem to be moving the game forward. Aus and NZ moving the ODI game forward with attacking cricket and tactics. Some teams (Eng, WI, Pak) seem to have gone against the natural progression of sport and regressed from previous competitions. Neutral.
    Competition? Well there weren't many close matches and outside of NZ and SA there didn't look like there was a team capable of getting close to Australia. Failure.

So I guess overall a pretty decent tournament.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    It was fantastic as a wc in the sense that the new ODI rules means that part timers cannot be 'hidden' that much like before. I heard two commentators mention that a lot of times, bowlers had to focus on taking wickets rather than just stop the runs, else teams would run away with it. It made for compelling viewing. We saw some really good skills on display and minnows were at a much better level than before. These aspects meant that it was really good to watch the games more often than not. The cricket played was very good. I enjoyed watching the games.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Decent, but so many knockout games being easy victories takes a fair bit away from it. Then again, SA vs NZ might have made that worth it.
    Australia-Pakistan is definitely one of those matches where the scorecard's made it look a lot easier than reality.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

I thoroughly enjoyed it although '99 would remain my all time favorite edition especially for the awesome kits of every team basically.

I being a big fan of fast bowlers myself was glad to see top quality fast bowling being rewarded and it was really no surprise to see the team with the best set of fast bowlers win this tournament.

As for India,they wont, perhaps never win major tournaments overseas and this includes test series if they dont produce quality fast bowlers.A country that pumps most money into the game more than any other country ought to produce better quality when it comes to fast bowling.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlue View Post
    '99 would remain my all time favorite edition
    Mine too. Such a fantastic tournament, even with the disappointingly one-sided final. Hopefully there'll be one that can beat it some time in future, but it hasn't happened yet.

Yeah 99 WC was awesome. Worst final ever though
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Yeah, but to be fair there haven't really been many good World Cup finals! Of the finals I've seen, 1996 and 2011 are the only ones I'd say were actually really good games.

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Australia-Pakistan is definitely one of those matches where the scorecard's made it look a lot easier than reality.
    True.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information