• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ok, so seriously, how was this WC overall?

How was it?

• Best WC ever

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Great

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Mediocre

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Worse than the one in which Bob Woolmer passed away

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
The acoustics were despicable.
Agreed, also in addition to that i don't need to see the players faces taking up copious amounts of real estate on the bottom half of the TV screen. Also pointless and cringeworthy polls, keys to success and weak/ strong zone analysis that do your head in so much you begin ignoring them after a while.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hendrix was roaming free, leaving his Hendrix mark all over everything left and right. Only Maximas can tame the wild Hendrix. You were sorely missed.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Hendrix was roaming free, leaving his Hendrix mark all over everything left and right. Only Maximas can tame the wild Hendrix. You were sorely missed.
Aha I tried to be around for SL matches (taming the wild viriya was a futile venture one feels) but life kept getting in the way

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'd say this WC had higher peaks than the last one, but was less enjoyable on the whole because of all the one-sided games between the major sides.

Shri

Mr. Glass
2 double hundreds in the WC. A combination of factors have made things like that possible. The new field restrictions and over rules have had the opposite effect of what was intended. They were supposed to make the middle overs exciting but overs 10-35 are again boring as ****. The assistance to fast bowlers(spinners enjoyed the bounce and a little bit of help too at times) masked that somewhat but if it had taken place in the SC we would have collectively groaned by the 20th over.

Everyone is talking up the associates but how good were they really? Exciting yeah but those teams clearly need more of a buildup by being involved in tri lateral series with top teams. They don't deserve to be kicked out at all but we need to see more of them over the next 4 years for them and us to have some context and appreciate them more.

Australia won so thats an automatic 2 point reduction out of 10. Fielding was pretty good from all teams except Pakistan and a couple of others. Great bowling. Good batting some times. Was missing some of the flavor from the last edition though, like the Irish win over Engloland. This WC was supposed to be current greats flirting the line between merely being good and crossing over to greatness and most of them failed. Steve Smith was struggling but he got over the line with that 100 in the semis. Kane, Kohli etc failed. 7/10 overall. Was good mostly but the chances to make it one of the best ever were not grabbed by the players.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
This is the highest standard of cricket we've had in a World Cup. 5 genuine contenders. Strongest minnows ever, and a decent Bangladesh.

Despite the high amount of tons, quality bowlers were able to dominate. If the ICC has their way, we will never see a WC like it again.
Damn 5 genuine contenders. Wish I'd have seen that.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Time zones were brilliant though. Waking up for start of play is so much better than spending half the day wondering how the game's going to pan out. Plus there's always DVR for when you do miss out on the start.

At this point I'd say the WI is the worst possible time zone for a cricket WC.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Time zones were brilliant though. Waking up for start of play is so much better than spending half the day wondering how the game's going to pan out. Plus there's always DVR for when you do miss out on the start.

At this point I'd say the WI is the worst possible time zone for a cricket WC.
Oh damn now I remember why the last WC was more fun. There was always beer involved when we played.

Shri

Mr. Glass
That is a very good point.

If only society were okay with people getting sloshed at 3 pm :ph34r:
I don't know what the drinking culture is like where you live. But down here you get your ass to a pub when an important day/night game starts and don't leave till the last ball is bowled no matter what. For the WC final last time, I searched really hard for an air conditioned pub that let us smoke indoors while sitting in our seats and watching the game. Bad idea. Turns out every **** there had the same idea at that time and the room was full of smoke and it gave me a headache. Increased when Sehwag and Sachin got out and it kept building when Kohli got out and Dhoni and Gambhir kept nudging singles and twos. But when we started gaining a grip it slowly went away. Couldn't speak for the next couple of days because we shouted so much from then on.

Thats how you watch a ****ing WC final.
(without the smoke preferably. Wtf was I thinking?)

viriya

International Captain
They need to get rid of 2 new balls and allow an extra fielder outside in the last 10.

WC was ok tho.