Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Congratulations to Australia - Cricket World Cup Champions 2015

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2

Congratulations to Australia - Cricket World Cup Champions 2015

I'm pretty shattered to be perfectly honest. I don't think anyone is going to be very surprised about that, most of us Kiwi fans have worn our emotions on our sleeves throughout the tournament. I suspect most of haven't had any fingers left since the semi final.

This is the greatest ever limited overs team we've put on the field and I'm very proud of how our team has performed throughout this tournament. I still believe we were good enough to win the whole thing, we showed glimpses of it in this game. Taylor and Elliott's partnership, Boult's early spell. We're good enough to beat any team on our day, even a very good one like this Australian outfit. Australia have been outright better than us in every department today, Starc has put in one of the all time great world cups. He has completely dominated us twice now. The rest of the Australian bowlers were all pretty good too, their plans to everyone excluding Elliott were right on target. They've also been great in the field, every half chance that could easily go the other way has been taken, no easy singles were given due to poor fielding. These are things that could go the other way to bridge the gap in class on another day, cricket is game that requires an immense amount of skill, but a few pieces of good fortune can make anything a contest. Alas, we were not so fortunate to be allowed back in the match.

Australia have been on top throughout this game and were the better team by far.

But I'm proud to say that the gulf is no longer there.

The Tasman sea has become narrower.

I'm also proud to say that this is not because Australia has declined like they did in the late 2000s, early 2010s. This is a quality Australian outfit. It is instead because we have advanced in talent, skill and experience to become a cricketing power in our own right. I don't feel there is any player in our team that does not deserve to be there, I don't believe that we have been unjustly robbed in anyway.

We gave it our best, and on the day that mattered, we have come up short.

This will be a trying week for the die-hard Black Cap fans. A large portion of the nation that has been so capitivated by our success will deride the team for their failure. Cricket will again be stupid, our boys will again be no-hopers who never stood a chance. But we just need to block our ears and hold our tongues like we always have.

We can set our eyes on the future, this may be the high point of NZ cricket but there is a bright future in this team as well. I hope to see us continue to climb the rankings and continue to give the fans things to cheer about for years to come. And I hope this has inspired a generation of our youth to take up this wonderful game.

Credit to Australia and to Michael Clarke. This has not been an easy time for Australian cricket and you continue to set the bar in the ODI game.
    morgieb, _Ed_, Flem274* and 10 others like this.
    Direbirds FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Haddin is still a **** though, and I hope he has a hangover from hell tomorrow.
    Furball, _Ed_, Daemon and 5 others like this.

I still say **** 'em.
    Last edited by viriya; 29-03-2015 at 05:11 AM.
    cricrate - follow twitter and facebook for updates

Congrats Australia.

But what the hell, how many world cups you are going to win!
    Last edited by ankitj; 29-03-2015 at 05:12 AM.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

Congrats Aussies.

More disappointed about NZ losing this than I am about either BD or India getting knocked out. Genuinely felt it was their time. They were so well prepared, picked such a good side, had so many epic wins and showed such great character in the build up.

Just somewhat inexplicable loss today. Aus were just better unfortunately. Tough loss, but it was an amazing campaign, and hopefully they come back stronger in 2019 and actually win the whole thing.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    As I said in the other thread, no one likes you Australia... **** you and your brilliant cricket abilities.

Four of the last five World Cups. Going to let anyone else get their turn?

Seriously though congrats.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Zinzan's Avatar
    Yup superb display of winning cricket from Australia.

I'm still proud of what NZ's achieved overall, not only in the WC, but the last 12-18 months of Test and ODI cricket. It's been inspiring stuff.

My expectations weren't really that high coming into this match, so I'm not really so gutted we didn't win, but more disappointed we didn't put up more of a fight on the big stage. But hats-off Australia, in these conditions just don't beat Australia if they play anywhere near their best.

I'm betting there'll be lots of hypothetical queries flying around about what SA might have done and I honestly don't think it would've made any difference to the result with the way Aust played today. They were too clinical.
    Athlai and Pratters like this.

Athali for MOTS. Has been fighting the good fight relentlessly throughout this long, wonderful spectacle.
    AndyZaltzHair and Pratters like this.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

The Australlian bowling attack in these conditions is just too ****ing good. The death overs which are supposed to be a time for quick scoring turn into the most dreaded phase v. Australia with 150 kph yorkers. This WC is a victory for fast bowling.

Congrats Australia.
    OverratedSanity, Pratters and Nate like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    oh we have a thread for this? Better repost.

Congratulations to Australia. Proved themselves to be the best ODI team in the world, and New Zealand were thoroughly outplayed in all departments.

There will be a lot of rage and jerky knees directed at New Zealand tomorrow and the rolling over performance was disappointing but these games happen and we just have to move on. This doesn't take away the semi-final, the quarter or any other performances.

Now isn't he time for lots of analysis but to put it bluntly, Australia were a level above today.

Australia have a fantastic cricket team, the best cricket team, and they're sublime to watch.

I'm going to ignore Warne, Hayden, Chappell and all the hangers on trying to get their little digs in.Tonight is not the night for the little men with their inflated opinions of themselves. Tonight is a night to celebrate what this Australian side has achieved and to respect New Zealand's run to the final. These two sides are definitely the two best in the world imo.

New Zealand will be back, and will yet make the ****s around the world regret their mouths. This isn't about our revenge though, this is Australia's moment after their turbulent summer.

Australia's story this summer has been sometimes rocky but overall uplifting.

Congratulations and well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I need u like Henry Nicholls needs batting school
    He was terrible in that series
    I need u like Ross Taylor needed to be fit
    He's way better than Henry Nicholls
    And now all I can think about is your smile
    and that ****** test series too
    Losing to Australia sucked and I miss you
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricketer Of The Year wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    ditto

Australia were unquestionably excellent with the ball and in the field. Starc is without a doubt the most potent anti-mccullum weapon in cricket. I was really impressed with the Elliott - Taylor partnership which could've easily set the game up for us. Unfortunately we just had one of those passages of play where almost every single mistake resulted in a wicket and that's a real credit to how the Aussies maintained the pressure late into our innings. Our lads tried their hardest but **** just went wrong, wasn't much recovering from that especially since Australia's bowling attack isn't very tail-friendly.

In the field it's easy to focus on the ifs, the could'ves and the should'ves but defending 180 in the modern age on a good pitch you're always up against it, can't be too harsh there.

Well played Australia, the better team.
    Athlai and Pratters like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Neesham
    Root always sets up the innings well. It's nice having BJ down the order to finish the innings off.
    Exit pursuing a beer

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post

Seriously though congrats.
    Hey there's been a pattern of hosts winning the world cup.

2019 is England's to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Nah.

THE SEASONS BRING RELIEF. JUST LET ME LIVE AND DIE IN PEACE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information