cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Mills must play

  1. #1
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    324

    Mills must play

    Mills must play. bowling suited to aus. conditions. drop henry.
    GGG, thierry henry and Hurricane like this.

  2. #2
    International Debutant kiwiviktor81's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,362
    Nah. Henry was excellent today. Took some tap at the end of SA's innings but at one point he was 9 off 5 overs.

  3. #3
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    39,472
    Haven't seen knees so jerky since Phlegm circa 09
    RossTaylorsBox likes this.
    Direbirds FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT

  4. #4
    International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,029
    This thread is good
    Zinzan likes this.


  5. #5
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,730
    He'd probably go well, but there is no way NZ are going to change their side for the final.

  6. #6
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,117
    I like Mills but it does concern me if we bring him in to play the one game and it happens to be the final. I say stick with Henry.

  7. #7
    International Coach Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wigton Unzud
    Posts
    12,935
    Tough to call. Both bowlers are probably suited to bowling early against Australia's aggresively minded batsmen. Mills arguably slightly better suited to bowling in the mid-late overs because of his greater slower-ball repertoire, but even then it's a toss-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  8. #8
    International Coach straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    10,161
    Henry bowled beautifully upfront and was unlucky to run into ABDV batting amazingly. Yes he's hittable off a length later on, but I'm backing him to take two or three wickets in his first spell against whoever we face in the final.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    The Mid 00's
    Posts
    37
    I don't think Millsy will be much help. He's barely been sighted since Australian Idol 2003 and to be quite honest, after giving Paris Hilton the once over I doubt he'd have much interest in a dozen sweaty, hairy dudes wandering around naked in the MCG dressing room.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  10. #10
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,056
    Wait, did someone say a seam attack of Mills, Boult & Henry at the G?


    I'm 75% trolling & 25% serious.
    thierry henry likes this.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    223
    yeah no.......
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  12. #12
    International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    Wait, did someone say a seam attack of Mills, Boult & Henry at the G?


    I'm 75% trolling & 25% serious.
    Trolling because it'll never happen, serious because it'd be a pretty good thing.

    I will be stoked if Southee goes for less than 6RPO.

  13. #13
    International Coach hendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    14,122
    There's reverse in Australia, Southee at the death will be critical.

  14. #14
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,056
    Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry View Post
    Trolling because it'll never happen, serious because it'd be a pretty good thing.

    I will be stoked if Southee goes for less than 6RPO.
    I share your pessimism about Southee. Think Aust will target both him & our 5th bowling option & sit on Vettori & Boult (and treat Henry like an unknown quantity) . Like you, I hope I'm wrong about Timmeh.

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame Member Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    15,199
    I would play Mills. He arguably understands ODI bowling better than any other seamer in the world. The only thing stopping him from being more successfully is that others are faster.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

    Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

    Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mills up to #1 on the ODI top bowlers ranking
    By Blakey in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 11:21 PM
  2. Dog named Mills
    By Precambrian in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 01:57 AM
  3. Mills disappointed to miss WC
    By James in forum Twenty20 World Cup
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-07-2007, 10:18 PM
  4. Kyle Mills better than Bradman??
    By psxpro in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 05:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •