• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - New Zealand v Australia (29th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Discussion surrounding the Final of the World Cup between New Zealand and TBC (Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Started early because we all know the NZ fan community here is going to want to talk about it straight away. I'll add the poll in after the other game.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
You just wanted a thread where you could participate in the post match because you committed to leaving the other one.

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hope we face India. I don't mind losing to them.

This is the greatest NZ ODI team. Will they be good enough to lift the trophy?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I rather suspect McCullum won't finish with a SR of 57.

New Zealand got to win this thing now.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
In a way there's no possibility that this match could be as tense as tonight's semifinal. Going out at the semis for the 7th time would have been horrendously disappointing, and even if we lose the final I would still see this tournament as the one in which we gave the best account of ourselves.

anil1405

International Captain
Go and win it NZ. A NZ win would be so refreshing for the cricketing fraternity minus the losing finalists.

biased indian

International Coach
if it is against us i am in a neutral mind set don't mind who ever win'sit..but if its aganist Aus i am 100% behind NZ

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm actually really hoping NZ win, I can't possibly wish anything but the very best upon such a group of top blokes, unlike the potential counterparts.

I would just feel bad if they lose tbh, NZ cricket has so much to gain from a World Cup win.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I rather suspect McCullum won't finish with a SR of 57.
If its against Australia, I would take a 4 (7)

I think NZ is favourites against either of these teams.
They wont be on betting sites, barring the winning team picking up some crucial injuries. The whole playing in Australia thing must surely help both Australia and India.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
They wont be on betting sites, barring the winning team picking up some crucial injuries. The whole playing in Australia thing must surely help both Australia and India.
NZ weren't favourites on the betting sites for this game either. Which was weird - SA had lost to both India and Pakistan, both of whom had been thrashed by NZ in relatively recent times.

It's just a stronger team than India or Australia. IMO, of course.