View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australia

30 46.15%
  • New Zealand

35 53.85%
Page 3 of 233 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1106Likes

Thread: Final - New Zealand v Australia (29th March)

GGG
    Quote Originally Posted by sharu7 View Post
    Elliot taking them to victory.
    And almost took us to victory @ 3rd ODI: Australia v New Zealand at Sydney, Feb 8, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo B McCullum at 9.
    Last edited by GGG; 24-03-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    The Aus vs NZ pool match was pretty tense from where I was watching. If it is an Aus vs NZ final, which is what I hope for and will most likely happen, I could see it being one of the best finals in WC history.
    Actually Aus batting never showed up and NZ partly choked vs Starc. Aus have the mental edge there I think. Starc vs NZ batting will decide it imo.
    cricrate - follow twitter and facebook for updates

Cricketer Of The Year wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Will return later with a GIF that suitably summarises my excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Neesham
    Root always sets up the innings well. It's nice having BJ down the order to finish the innings off.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Haha, right in the middle of Michael Clarke's Geoff Boycott phase.
    That period seriously makes no sense in hindsight, especially if you consider some of his Test knocks in the years to come.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

International Debutant
    If India can upset Australia, which they have not been able to do all Summer, then NZ might have a chance in the final. If Aus is in the finals then there is really SFA chance of us winning. I don't say that to downplay our chances or anything. I'm just being realistic. Here are the reasons why:
    1) The ball will not swing as much at the MCG - we've been dominant in this WC because the ball has swung for Southee and Boult in NZ conditions
    2) Aussie pacemen will be more suited to the MCG bounce - no doubt the pitch will be tailored towards the tall bouncy quicks. We don't have similar bowlers.
    3) NZ has not played in Australia for ages - that will be the killer blow for us as we haven't had any recent experience playing in Oz conditions.
    4) The MCG crowd - 100000 Aussie fans screaming for NZ blood, nuff said.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Do we stick with Henry? I've recorded the highlights on TV and will have a closer look later, but my impression from the stands was that he was superb early on before falling away a bit towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by jonbrooks View Post
    If India can upset Australia, which they have not been able to do all Summer, then NZ might have a chance in the final. If Aus is in the finals then there is really SFA chance of us winning. I don't say that to downplay our chances or anything. I'm just being realistic. Here are the reasons why:
    1) The ball will not swing as much at the MCG - we've been dominant in this WC because the ball has swung for Southee and Boult in NZ conditions
    2) Aussie pacemen will be more suited to the MCG bounce - no doubt the pitch will be tailored towards the tall bouncy quicks. We don't have similar bowlers.
    3) NZ has not played in Australia for ages - that will be the killer blow for us as we haven't had any recent experience playing in Oz conditions.
    4) The MCG crowd - 100000 Aussie fans screaming for NZ blood, nuff said.
    1. Southee and Boult swing the ball everywhere. Maybe not as much as in NZ, but they'll still get swing.

2. NZ batsmen aren't Suresh Raina. There's been pace and bounce on NZ pitches.

3. It's still a cricket pitch.

4. Meh, half the crowd will be Indians anyway, and NZ tends to get the support of the neutrals.

Yeah, Henry went pretty much exactly as I thought he would. OMR for the final imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Stick with Henry.

He was good early on then a bit poor later but he's still the most likely to get us wickets at the end of a Southee-Boult spell.

If NZ play and beat India in the final, they will have beaten every one of the quarterfinalists except Pakistan.

#corneredtigers etc

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    That period seriously makes no sense in hindsight, especially if you consider some of his Test knocks in the years to come.
    It was as if he'd just lost 4th and 5th gear entirely. Seemed utterly incapable of putting his foot down at all.

I'm sure he had a 99* against England around about that time that was equally slow.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

In terms of New Zealand not being used to Australian conditions, is the MCG not the least bouncy of all Australian pitches?

International Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    We need to have a hard look at our bowlers for overs 36-50. Corey bowled mostly trash yesterday. Southee will be relied upon and Boult with his yorker should bowl during the death overs. Henry I just don't know. Almost tempted to open with him and Boult.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

"Neither of them will have an international cricket career past 2016."
    Blocky on Martin Guptill and Ish Sodhi. 20/11/2014.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    OMR's performance compared to Southee's performance in that 2009 MCG game about reflects the realities of OMR v Southee in ODI cricket....

Just joking (not joking) etc

On the assumption that Southee can go for 8-10rpo as often as he likes without getting dropped, I'm not even mad about Henry being in the 11.

Page 3 of 233 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information