• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - New Zealand v Australia (29th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That period seriously makes no sense in hindsight, especially if you consider some of his Test knocks in the years to come.
It was as if he'd just lost 4th and 5th gear entirely. Seemed utterly incapable of putting his foot down at all.

I'm sure he had a 99* against England around about that time that was equally slow.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In terms of New Zealand not being used to Australian conditions, is the MCG not the least bouncy of all Australian pitches?

Days of Grace

International Captain
We need to have a hard look at our bowlers for overs 36-50. Corey bowled mostly trash yesterday. Southee will be relied upon and Boult with his yorker should bowl during the death overs. Henry I just don't know. Almost tempted to open with him and Boult.

thierry henry

International Coach
OMR's performance compared to Southee's performance in that 2009 MCG game about reflects the realities of OMR v Southee in ODI cricket....

Just joking (not joking) etc

On the assumption that Southee can go for 8-10rpo as often as he likes without getting dropped, I'm not even mad about Henry being in the 11.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Who has tickets to the final?

Managed to get one in the final sale today. Will be an incredible atmosphere if it's Australia vs New Zealand.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just searched Cricinfo and I don't think TBC have been in a WC final before, so good effort.

Adgey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Interestingly Aus favorites to win the WC over NZ even though they have two games to get through

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I saw that and was a bit surprised. I'd expect Aus to be favourites if they do get through to the final, but they haven't done that yet and NZ have.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Interestingly Aus favorites to win the WC over NZ even though they have two games to get through
it's downright stupid. If I could hedge against Australia/if I was a gambling man I'd do it. They're the weakest of the 3 remaining teams.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
it's downright stupid. If I could hedge against Australia/if I was a gambling man I'd do it. They're the weakest of the 3 remaining teams.
India have a reasonably balanced team but Australia still favs to win the game though. I'd say Aus/NZ would be 50-50 come the final if Aus go through though.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
There isn't a linear hierarchy among the surviving teams.. Aus>Ind=NZ>=Aus IMO. If the Final were to be played in NZ instead, I'd go Aus=Ind<NZ>Aus.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually Aus batting never showed up and NZ partly choked vs Starc. Aus have the mental edge there I think. Starc vs NZ batting will decide it imo.
I don't buy this bollocks. Why do Australia batsmen get a pass as just 'not showing up' and NZ's don't?

If you actually watched all the NZ dismissals, you'd know we gifted them almost all of our wickets, with the exception of Ronchi, who was done by a beauty.

McCullum & Guptill were both gifts.. both loose mistimed drives to mid-off on the circle. Taylor played a horrible swipe across the line & played on to his stumps, Elliott had a brain-fart and attempted a defensive shot which he missed by about a foot. Anyone who's watched Elliott knows he can look strangely village vs. any bowler early in his innings, not just Starc.

Both Anderson and Vettori's wickets were also gifted, when we needed 20 or less with 4-5 wickets in hand and they assumed we were home. And even our no's 9 & 10 Milne and Southees were terrible unnecessary extravagant drives, even if they were excellent yorkers from Starc.

To suggest Australia just had an off-day with the bat but NZ were somehow knocked over by amazing bowling through little fault of their own, but because they simply weren't good enough is absurd.

Flem274*

123/5
it's viriya. he posts stuff like that then as soon as we lose he'll jump ship to a new team. the cycle will continue until his country of birth win a game.