• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What player would the semi-finalists choose from the eliminated teams?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm bored so here we go.

Each semi-finalist team has a chance to choose one player from any of the eliminated teams in the World Cup. Can't be someone who didn't play for the eliminated teams during this specific World Cup (e.g. Ajmal, Pollard etc.). What player does each team choose?

Hopefully this doesn't become a Sanga-fest and he is mentioned for every team :ph34r:

My nominations below:

Australia - Dilshan for Finch
India - Wahab for Yadav
NZ - Sanga for Luggage aka Grant Elliott (don't think they need Luggage's bowling that much with Corey in the team)
Saffers - Trying to think of an allrounder to replace Roussow to provide a 5th bowling option who can bat instead of AB and JP having to bowl? Thoughts? Obviously Saffers could use Sanga to strengthen their batting, but one feels they don't need another gun player who freezes on the big stage. :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep good call. Mathews probably doesn't need to bowl 10 if he's not fit enough to, as JP can bowl a few. Just don't want JP bowling 8-10 in a semi-final vs. NZ.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
AustraliaNew ZealandSouth AfricaIndia

1. Dilshan (7)
  2. Warner
  3. Smith
  4. Clarke *
  5. Watson (6)
  6. Maxwell (5)
  7. Faulkner (4)
  8. Haddin +
  9. Starc (1)
  10. Johnson (3)
  11. Hazlewood (2)

1. McCullum *
  2. Guptill
  3. Williamson (6)
  4. Taylor
  5. Elliott (6)
  6. Anderson (5)
  7. Ronchi +
  8. Vettori (3)
  9. Milne (4)
  10. Southee (2)
  11. Boult (1)

1. Amla
  2. de Kock +
  3. du Plessis
  4. de Villiers *
  5. Duminy (6)
  6. Mathews (5)
  7. Miller
  8. Philander (1)
  9. Steyn (2)
  10. Morkel (3)
  11. Tahir (4)

1. Dhawan
  2. Rohit
  3. Kohli
  4. Rahane
  5. Raina (6)
  6. Dhoni *+
  7. Jadeja (5)
  8. Ashwin (4)
  9. Shami (1)
  10. Yadav (2)
  11. Wahab (3)

Couldn't help myself but replace Taylor with Taylor.

Only other question, in my mind, is whether India would prefer to bring in a high-class quick for Mohit, or replace Jadeja with a less-****-in-Australia all-rounder.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't know why you guys aren't replacing Jadeja with Wahab. Poorest bowler atm on our side and Wahab can bat a bit though not as well as Jaddu.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah India need Jadeja's fielding. Unless you're bringing in a good lower order hitter who can field like Jadeja, I reckon they're sticking with him. Definitely want Wahab in, but I'm leaning to keeping Mohit's control and have Wahab replace Yadav as the attacking option.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Replace Jadeja with Shakib, duh.

edit: goddamn it Joe. multi tab owned.

OverratedSanity

Would even take Tahir for Jadeja.

Edit: if SA were eliminated. Still can't believe they won a knockout match

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Taking out Jadeja leaves Ashwin at 7 who isn't a hitter and tailenders thereafter. I wouldn't really touch Jadeja tbh, his fielding is more than worth keeping him in, Jadeja is also a good enough batsmen who simply hasn't had the chance guys like Sakib etc have had for their respective teams.

Daemon

Taking out Jadeja leaves Ashwin at 7 who isn't a hitter and tailenders thereafter. I wouldn't really touch Jadeja tbh, his fielding is more than worth keeping him in, Jadeja is also a good enough batsmen who simply hasn't had the chance guys like Sakib etc have had for their respective teams.
No, taking out Jadeja leaves Shakib at 7..

You don't think he's an upgrade over Jadeja?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Genuinely don't believe he is at 7 in this line-up for batting, but clearly the better bowler. No wrong answer.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Would be tempted to grab Root in for Taylor based on form. Him and Williamson batting together would just accumulate the opposition to death.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
NZ - Sanga for Luggage aka Grant Elliott (don't think they need Luggage's bowling that much with Corey in the team)
[ph34r:
Nah, Sanga for Ronchi and just move everyone down one. Elliott is batting well (high strike rate) and it is good to have bowling options

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I'd take Afridi for Elliott, just because I like the idea of having a bunch of filthy sloggers after Ross Taylor.

Then again, I might take Wahab Riaz for Milne, for whom this is one CWC too early imo.