• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 1st Semi Final of the World Cup between New Zealand and South Africa (Eden Park, Auckland).

viriya

International Captain
NZ should be worried about AB & co.. aside from Boult (and Vettori somewhat) none of the others seem to give you any control atm. Can NZ bowl out SA for <300 if they bat first? Doubt it from what I saw today.

halba

International 12th Man
nz bowlers not peaking as a unit is a concern. dont rate the batting, as its only the windies attack. try to do the same vs morkel,abbott, steyn, tahir and co is not easy.

southee's form looks a major concern after the 7 fer, he has just self destructed.

sth africa will have boult pegged a 'see off' and attack the rest.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ should be worried about AB & co.. aside from Boult (and Vettori somewhat) none of the others seem to give you any control atm. Can NZ bowl out SA for <300 if they bat first? Doubt it from what I saw today.
Looking forward to Mills and Boult opening up at Eden Park.

runs away..

viriya

International Captain
nz bowlers not peaking as a unit is a concern. dont rate the batting, as its only the windies attack. try to do the same vs morkel,abbott, steyn, tahir and co is not easy.
I don't think SA's bowling is that good tbh. Steyn is below his best, Morkel & Abbott have bowled well but I think NZ can handle them. Tahir might be the difference.

Flem274*

123/5
Halba and viriya taking the concept of you're only as good as your last few games far too literally.

Eden Park crowd needs to absolutely give it to SA and get intheir heads so we could bowl even gup and ross in tandem and still win

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Cracker this one is going to be.

One of these two teams is going to play in their first ever world cup final.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
The only thing that matters is that whoever wins this game goes on to win the final.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm relaxed about this one. Two top class sides who are great to watch. I'm gping to forget everything andjust enjoy watching my team challenge another awesome team.

umosay

Cricket Spectator

southee's form looks a major concern after the 7 fer, he has just self destructed.

sth africa will have boult pegged a 'see off' and attack the rest.
If we go by the warmups they got 331 against SA's attack. McCullum and Williamson didn't added much again today but NZ still got 393, other guys are standing up...

SA also need to learn to play quality pace too, Boult got 5 in that warmup and at Eden Park, it will be tough.

Vettori was one of our best at Eden Park last outing, stop ranting so much on tonight's performance. SA won't take him like the Windies did.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
If we go by the warmups they got 331 against SA's attack. McCullum and Williamson didn't added much again today but NZ still got 393, other guys are standing up...

SA also need to learn to play quality pace too, Boult got 5 in that warmup and at Eden Park, it will be tough.

Vettori was one of our best at Eden Park last outing, stop ranting so much on tonight's performance. SA won't take him like the Windies did.
Haha wtf how do you have a join date 10 years ago. Our greatest ninja of all time?

Flem274*

123/5
Ball is gonna hoop. Need to troll SA into bowling short or just hold our nerve because we will lose wickets.

We'll also take wickets.