• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

biased indian

International Coach
Hope SA goes through this.. if we cannot win it i want SA to win it.one of the SA opening batsmen to score century in this game

Teja.

Global Moderator
Both teams have great blokes and wouldn't mind either winning - all I want is Steyn to go full crazy eyes.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I know. I'm secretly a time traveller and have come back in time to establish myself as Guptills biggest fan prior to his ascension to Bradman 2.0.

It was between that and stopping Hitler. A very difficult call but I did it for the likes.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
How would Kiwi fans feel if:

SA bat first, score 450 thanks to an Amla century and an AB double century of 95 balls,
We lose Guptill and Williamson in the first three overs,
And then the match and the reserve day are both rained out and we advance to the final on pool standing?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

SA bat first, score 450 thanks to an Amla century and an AB double century of 95 balls,
And then the match and the reserve day are both rained out and we advance to the final on pool standing?
take it and run

TC123

Cricket Spectator

It would be as bad as say, winning the rugby World Cup when the opposition all have the ****s and have been on the dunny for 3 straight days probably

Flem274*

123/5

I'd send Kyle Mills to visit South Africa in the Auckland Airport departure lounge to give them another spray.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
get your money on Guptill to top score for the blackcaps again. When he is hot he is hot and plays well for a number of games in a row.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I'd be happy with either batting or bowling first. If we bat first and post a good total, South Africa will be under tremendous pressure chasing.

If we bowl first, we could take some wickets with the swing and Eden park is a hard ground to defend on.

In conclusion, I don't think it will be a crucial toss to win.

Flem274*

123/5
Wouldn't mind McHesson calling Steyn old and slow or pumping up Milne's bouncer in the media.

We should troll South Africa into a bouncer war imo. We bat first, they waste their time bowling short and get pumped because even top edges travel to the boundary. Sure they'll score a few hits and some straight up catches which will look good and get the intent tick from the commentators but we need to make them forget to pitch it up because if they do they'll get serious swing.

Then we bowl second and swing it round corners while they hit out trying to chase an inflated total.

If they do pitch it up we need to hit them off their length. David Warner had the right idea in the NZ/Aus match.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they do pitch it up we need to hit them off their length. David Warner had the right idea in the NZ/Aus match.
Not sure Warner in that particular match is the best example, but you're right that we can't allow them to settle into a groove like the Lankans did. That's when they're at their best.

We need to play on their egos. McCullum won't allow them to find rhythm & if he swings hard against Morkel even edges will be flying 10 rows back.

anil1405

International Captain
Epic game this ones gonna be. If NZ bat first and score anywhere between 150-250 I'd be too tensed to watch the 2nd innings.