• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hey Kyle Mills is in NZ's squad yeah?

Please name him 12th man and have him run on the ground wearing a bib carrying the drinks when Faf runs out AB, so he can spray the **** out of Faf along with the other NZ players like a pack of hyenas 2011 WC quarter-final style. Was one of the most ruthlessly brilliant things I've ever seen.

AB then turning back from walking to the pavilion to rescue Faf was also ridiculously awesome.

SO PUMPED!

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

Please name him 12th man and have him run on the ground wearing a bib carrying the drinks when Faf runs out AB, so he can spray the **** out of Faf along with the other NZ players like a pack of hyenas 2011 WC quarter-final style. Was one of the most ruthlessly brilliant things I've ever seen.

AB then turning back from walking to the pavilion to rescue Faf was also ridiculously awesome.

SO PUMPED!
as long as he doesn't let the ****s steal our drinks like latham did

TC123

Cricket Spectator
Don't know why some people think Black Caps are chokers, this ain't the old All Blacks. Losing semis to Pakistan 99, SL 07 and 11 with mediocre teams is hardly chocking, I thought we did well just to reach the top 4 all these years.

The SA spinner is probably the most dangerous player for me, and it irks me every time he sprints to the boundary for taking a wicket.

Southee to take a 5-fer, he's had enough lean spells =P
I agree. This whole choker tag doesn't apply to the blackcaps with maybe 92 being the exception. They have continuously surprised at recent world cups only to get tagged chokers. Load of rubbish usually dished out by their friends across the ditch. Hoping for a Aussie choke on Thursday actually

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

SO PUMPED!
Gonna search for that on Youtube now.
fist pumping so hard. NZ soooooooooo ruthless.

Also Duminy's shot in that match. CHOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
nz should win and not because the saffies choke either but because they are better...

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Don't know why some people think Black Caps are chokers, this ain't the old All Blacks. Losing semis to Pakistan 99, SL 07 and 11 with mediocre teams is hardly chocking, I thought we did well just to reach the top 4 all these years.

The SA spinner is probably the most dangerous player for me, and it irks me every time he sprints to the boundary for taking a wicket.

Southee to take a 5-fer, he's had enough lean spells =P
Choker tag not totally undeserved imo. The 1999 and 2011 sides i agree did overachieve (can still remember the rotten press NZ got in those tournaments), but should've gone one step further in both 2003 and 2007. 2003 was an impressive side that played irresponsibly in tjose super 6 games against Aus and India, Fleming was at his peak as skipper too. As for 2007, we had the better of most sides but would consistently flop against Aus and Lanka for some reason. I remember Fleming and Bracewell being far too rigid with their tactics then.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This is the most exciting match of the tournament so far. Build up for Aus vs. NZ was epic, and India vs. Pak was fun because of the rivalry, but first WC final chance for both teams. Two teams with awesome strengths. NZ home ground advantage.

Awesomesauce.
Jono for BOTM 2015

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Interesting. I'm feeling uncharacteristically bullish about our chances tbh. Honestly feel that despite being at home SA will be under more pressure than us & I'm confident our meticulous planning done in the background will pay dividends against them.
How the hell would Bahnz know. Who knows whats going to happen.lets enjoy it

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Choker tag not totally undeserved imo. The 1999 and 2011 sides i agree did overachieve (can still remember the rotten press NZ got in those tournaments), but should've gone one step further in both 2003 and 2007. 2003 was an impressive side that played irresponsibly in tjose super 6 games against Aus and India, Fleming was at his peak as skipper too. As for 2007, we had the better of most sides but would consistently flop against Aus and Lanka for some reason. I remember Fleming and Bracewell being far too rigid with their tactics then.
Well in 1999 NZ should never have batted first.Tactical blunder. On a dewy morning in England with Shoab Akhtar coming down were they insane ? The pitch dried up and died after lunch and Pakistan cruised to victory.

I thought the 2007 and 2011 sides were good. Blackcaps just cant play spin. Dilshan , Jayasurya and Muriliatharan spun us out in 07 and same again in 2011.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Well in 1999 NZ should never have batted first.Tactical blunder. On a dewy morning in England with Shoab Akhtar coming down were they insane ? The pitch dried up and died after lunch and Pakistan cruised to victory.

I thought the 2007 and 2011 sides were good. Blackcaps just cant play spin. Dilshan , Jayasurya and Muriliatharan spun us out in 07 and same again in 2011.
Yeah we used to be ****ing horrible against anyone bowling below 100 or above 145kph. Was quite embarrassing. Think the current lot don't have that same weakness, though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On an unrelated note, has anyone noticed that when the commentators talk about #askcaptain it sounds like they say 'arse captain'? Surely my girlfriend and I aren't alone on this.