• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I'm becoming more optimistic about this match as time goes on. SA are going to come up against unprecedented pressure on Tuesday. I reckon if we can get Amla and de Villiers for less than 50 each we're the favourites.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm becoming more optimistic about this match as time goes on. SA are going to come up against unprecedented pressure on Tuesday. I reckon if we can get Amla and de Villiers for less than 50 each we're the favourites.
If they both make 49 (28) you really think you're favourites?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just about - the rest of SA's batting is pretty weak and if they both made 49 (28) I'd expect to have bowled them out for a chasable 240-250 or so.
Just about favourites or favourites?

So 98 off 9.2 overs.. I52 or so from 244 balls from de Kock, Faf, Rossouw, Miller and Duminy plus bowlers seems pretty easy to get. I mean NZ are a good chance of winning, but feel the batting lineup can handle their 2 best batsmen making under 50 if its close to 50 each.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I'm reluctant to call us favourites because even if we got Amla and de Villiers cheaply we still have to score runs against Steyn, Morkel, Abbott and Tahir.

By "less than 50" I mean a random number of runs between 0 and 49. So not necessarily 49 (28). If they both hit 48 (8), to take an extreme example, it would be different.

But if we get them both for 25, say, I reckon we're ahead by an appreciable margin, given that Faf, Rossouw, Miller and Duminy are all mediocre bats and de Kock, although excellent, appears to be in poor form, and that their tail starts early and is probably the weakest of the four teams remaining.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA will win. Have been dreading this match-up ever since India tipped SA over at the MCG.
Interesting. I'm feeling uncharacteristically bullish about our chances tbh. Honestly feel that despite being at home SA will be under more pressure than us & I'm confident our meticulous planning done in the background will pay dividends against them.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would be gutted for NZ if after this amazing tournament to date your team lost at the semi final as per usual.

It just feels different this time, but I'm not confident about picking the winner in either semi.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Don't know why some people think Black Caps are chokers, this ain't the old All Blacks. Losing semis to Pakistan 99, SL 07 and 11 with mediocre teams is hardly chocking, I thought we did well just to reach the top 4 all these years.

The SA spinner is probably the most dangerous player for me, and it irks me every time he sprints to the boundary for taking a wicket.

Southee to take a 5-fer, he's had enough lean spells =P

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is the most exciting match of the tournament so far. Build up for Aus vs. NZ was epic, and India vs. Pak was fun because of the rivalry, but first WC final chance for both teams. Two teams with awesome strengths. NZ home ground advantage.

Awesomesauce.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm thinking of booking one of the rooms at school that has a projector just for this. This>>>learnding