Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Zealand

38 66.67%
  • South Africa

19 33.33%
Page 222 of 228 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3409
Like Tree1092Likes

Thread: 1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiviktor81 View Post
    On that subject, Corey Anderson hung around for ages to see if the ball hit the spidercam wire. What would have happened if it did? Dead ball and not out, or what?
    I thought he was checking for no-ball, which they don't show for any dismissals for this game for some reason
    WC'15@Eden Park: AUS 151 vs NZ 3/79 @ lunch break - Greenlite: dont worry Trent will save us at the end

Result: NZ win by 1 Wicket.

International Vice-Captain
    I could only catch the last hour or so of the game on a bad stream, but looking back on the chase was fascinating.

- McCullum again with the blistering start. Would 100(80) be better than 50(20)? Arguably yes, but that's if McCullum feels that the extra conservatism will guarantee a higher score, which I don't think he does. His role is to kill off the game as fast as possible, not to set a launching pad to accumulate later.
    - Missed most of Tahir's spell but for him to come away with no wickets was so crucial in us winning the game. A good spinner would in the past have got 2-35 or something and blunted the chase.
    - The Morkel over where he dismissed Anderson was gorgeous. That alone would have deserved a South African win.
    - South Africa's fielding was sublime, missed run-out and catch notwithstanding. Sounds like NZ's was below it's usual standard though.
    - In my opinion Corey Anderson is our most important player at the moment.

Also after reading back over most of this thread I've come to the conclusion that NZ fans are some of the biggest panic-posters ever, which seems to be the total opposite of how the team is actually playing.
    Greenlite and zorax like this.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    The last replay of Anderson's dismissal appeared to show the ball hitting the spider cam wire...would also explains why Du Plessis fell to his die in effecting the catch. Would have been a travesty if Anderson got a reprieve there. I think Spider cam needs to go if it can potentially impact a game like that

Keep the drone cam, if you really need that overhead shot, but if the Anderson catch had been overruled as the ball hit the wire there would have been chaos

Quote Originally Posted by jonbrooks View Post
    The BCs are not the ABs. With the ABs there is an expectation we will win cos we are the dominant team.

As a BC fan I'm just enjoying the ride. We are playing good cricket. We've got the whole country behind us. Just go out there and play hard and enjoy yourselves on the biggest cricket stage in the world.
    There's many things I hate about New Zealand, but I think the worst is this sort of acronym'ing.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Quote Originally Posted by otagoman View Post
    The last replay of Anderson's dismissal appeared to show the ball hitting the spider cam wire...would also explains why Du Plessis fell to his die in effecting the catch. Would have been a travesty if Anderson got a reprieve there. I think Spider cam needs to go if it can potentially impact a game like that

Keep the drone cam, if you really need that overhead shot, but if the Anderson catch had been overruled as the ball hit the wire there would have been chaos
    I thought du plesis should keep the catch even if the ball hit the wire...man should count as 2 wickets if it hits the wire and you still catch it.
    OverratedSanity and zorax like this.

Just read through the final over of the thread and gee it was tense++++

And Jonbrook you were sooooooooooo pessimisticcccccc!!! Like me!

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Best night of my life. The winning six came my way but landed about 10 rows in front of me. I hugged so many random Indian guys. My friend got so excited he almost strangled me to death. My girlfriend, who didn't even have a ticket but was working there and managed to find a seat next to us for the last 20 overs, yawned, smiled and said "oh New Zealand won? That took a long time. Ok let's go home". What a time to be alive.
    Bahnz, Greenlite, Mike5181 and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry View Post
    Best night of my life. The winning six came my way but landed about 10 rows in front of me. I hugged so many random Indian guys. My friend got so excited he almost strangled me to death. My girlfriend, who didn't even have a ticket but was working there and managed to find a seat next to us for the last 20 overs, yawned, smiled and said "oh New Zealand won? That took a long time. Ok let's go home". What a time to be alive.
    she needs hearing aids

My high school friend is going to MCG for the final, wonder how many tickets are allowed for kiwi fans to snap up or is 80% gonna be sold to Indians or Australians?

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by otagoman View Post

You are right unfortunately people are idiots and it will actually take a situation of someone being called back for the rule to change.

There was no greater moment of the match then when Dan "the man" Vettori squirted that 4 in the last over and everyone was going nuts, but Ian Smith noted that Dan was just leaning back on his bat looking like one sexy bearded bespectacled chilled mofo. As if he was feeling no pressure or stress at all.

Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Thanks Jono! Glad to see you've come around after my challenge in that other thread. Maybe you aren't as bad as everyone makes you out to be after all.
    (inb4 Shri rages that he didn't mean me)

Surprised you didn't say third behind Kohli and Luggage though.
    G.I.Joe, zorax and Jono like this.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm the worst poster on this forum, end of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Had Radio Sport on when I was driving to work this morning - they said they were trying to get hold of Elliott for an interview but he was busy watching Dora The Explorer with his kids. WAG.
    Greenlite, Jono, hendrix and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Had Radio Sport on when I was driving to work this morning - they said they were trying to get hold of Elliott for an interview but he was busy watching Dora The Explorer with his kids. WAG.
    He said something about cricket is just part of life and you need to have a balance in life and you don't need to play each game as your last there's always more to life...he's a man of his word

When you have a face literally made of leather, you have perspective in life.

Luggage should write a book about his philosophies called "No luggage", a book written by Luggage

Edit: "No baggage" would also work.
    Last edited by Jono; 24-03-2015 at 10:16 PM.
    Hurricane likes this.

Thread Information