• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
My opinion NZ needs to bat first. SA did not enjoy chasing at Eden Park against Pakistan . NZ need to exploit that,

TC123

Cricket Spectator
Could we find a good catering service in Auckland to look after South Africa's meals leading up to the game?:wacko:

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
SA up and down in this world cup. Lost to Pakistan and India quit convincingly . So what they beat Sri Lanka. NZ beat Sri Lanka easily in the WC too. NZ unbeaten . SA have match winners sure but Steyne hasn't impressed me yet in this world cup. SA dont know how to chase a decent total.

TC123

Cricket Spectator
South Africa favourites on Sportsbet here in Aus but then Aussie paying $1.40 to beat India which looks light. Both games look 50/50 to me

viriya

International Captain
I feel like you can't expect SA to choke anymore. They played some fearless cricket vs SL. Hope this is a great game - wish this was the final instead of the semis though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I feel like you can't expect SA to choke anymore. They played some fearless cricket vs SL. Hope this is a great game - wish this was the final instead of the semis though.
We beat SA in the last world cup and we had less chance to win then. I call us the favourites for this game as we are at Eden Park. If this was in Aus then they would be favourites. I give us a 55-60% chance of winning.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
We beat SA in the last world cup and we had less chance to win then. I call us the favorites for this game as we are at Eden Park. If this was in Aus then they would be favorites. I give us a 55-60% chance of winning.
To be honest NZ have been the biggest chokers. SF in 1999 , 2007 , 2011 , Choked and were out played pretty badly. 1999 NZ elected to bat in the morning in England and were seamed out on a moving pitch Dried out nicely after lunch for Pakistan. . 2007 NZ were spun out by Sri Lanka. Spun out again by Sri Lanka in 2011.
This time we cannot repeat 1992 SF !!! MUST NOT. Eden Park is the Blackcaps fortress. Must end this SF misery. !! This is the best ODI side we have had EVER. SA hasn't been consistant , Must pounce,.

Last edited: